Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Laneige Perfect Renew Firming Eye Cream is a highly effective age-defiant eye cream that fights dry lines and wrinkles around the eyes. It has the ability to make the skin look more supple bedsides the fact that it also acts as a moisturizing cream. It is sold in three distinct packages; the main 20ml cream that costs $40.85, a Laneige Renewal Water Sleeping Mask that goes for around $19.78 and a Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask that costs $9.99. The total cost of the whole package therefore is $70.62.
This product is manufactured by Amore Pacific, one of the biggest cosmetics firms in South Korea. It is marketed under the brand name Laneige which specializes in the development of skin care products for which it has its own website.
How it works?
To properly apply the cream, you need to cleanse your skin thoroughly then dot the area around the eyes with the product taking care not to put it into your eyes. Massage gently until it disappears in the skin then give it time to be absorbed into the skin’s surface.
The ingredient list in the product can broadly be categorized into the following five categories:
- Emollients – these are skin conditioners and are inclusive of Dipropylene Glycol, Squalane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Jojoba Esters, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diisostearyl Malate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Trehalose , Glyceryl Stearate ,Pentylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Palmitic Acid and Tromethamine.
- Stabilizers – these include Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, PEG-100 Stearate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate and Carbomer.
- Vitamins and Antioxidants – includes Tocopherol and Adenosine
- Solvent – they include Butylene Glycol and water.
- Preservatives – Phenoxyethanol and Ethylhexylglycerin
- The formula contains a comprehensive mix of emollients for a soft and supple skin.
- It can restore the elasticity around the eye.
- It removes fine lines and wrinkles.
- It also moisturizes the skin thus keeping it well hydrated.
- Most beneficial ingredients in the jar such as antioxidants begin to break down gradually once the jar in which the product is packed is opened because they are exposed to light. This denies the consumer the full benefits of the product.
- The formula for this product is fragranced; an attribute that is known to cause skin irritation especially around the eye region.
- The formula has a long list of ingredients but only a handful is significant or beneficial to the skin.
- The formula is very expensive for the features it purports to provide. It does not provide the value for money.
- The product is too delicate and requires careful handling.
- There is a higher probability of skin irritation when exposed to direct sunlight.
- The product is not offered on a trial basis.
- There is no money back guarantee policy in place.
This eye cream has generally been a success in the market despite its limitations with a majority of customers giving it 4 and 5 star ratings in Amazon and a significant portion also providing a positive feedback on the same.