Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
This is eye lash grower that has existed well on the market the time it received approval from FDA way back in 2008 December. This product in essence is an improved version of glaucoma drug that was approved for enhancing the growth of eye lashes back in 2001. The product has been used by globally recognized celebrity among them being McCarthy Jenny and has been promoted by a movement called Latisse Wishes Challenge.
- Sodium hydroxide
- Sodium chloride
- Citric acid
- Benzalkonium chloride
- Sodium phosphate
Advantages of Latisse
- Litasse enhances growth of the eye lashes.
- In addition, the product does well in ensuring that the grown eye lashes are strong.
- The product further makes the eye lash to be longer than the eye lash that have not been enhanced.
- The cost of the product is quite affordable to most users.
- A lot of information about the product is available online for the general consumption of the public.
- The product can be used together with the other body makeup provided the rules of application are followed strictly.
- The user will not have any greasy or sticky effect around the eye upon application of the product.
- There is money payback guarantee in the rare cases of ineffectiveness or delayed delivery of the product upon placement of an order.
- The product is made up of natural ingredients formulated in a manner that they do not affect the users adversely any way.
Disadvantages of Latisse
- There are chances of delayed delivery of the product since order is placed online.
- Money pay back can sometimes take longer and more tedious process than the expectations of the user.
- Some people may develop irritation around the eye lash upon use.
“I’ve only been using Latisse for 2 weeks, but I can see new lashes coming in and my ‘older’ lashes are getting stronger! I have GREAT TIPS; I use 2 eyeliner brushes, one labeled Left, the other labeled Right. I clean them with Dial soap before use to sanitize and because they are so small, I only use one drop of Latisse for BOTH eyes! Place that one drop in lid and dip brushes in. Another tip my Dr told me is after 3 months of use, I should use Latisse every 3-4 nights to maintain! This means 1 bottle will last me 3-4 months, thus saving me a TON of money;) That’s always nice!!! Good luck! Be consistent!” –Angelical–
“This products is great! I have not experience swelling or discoloration like others have. I also have dark eyes too, so I don’t know if that makes a different. It took about 6 weeks for me to notice longer lashes. Without mascara, you can see the difference in my lashes and with mascara, the lashes look amazingly long. TIP: buy an eyeliner brush and use that as the applicator. You use less solution and you fully coat the area you need to. The applicators that come with latisse are too thick and one drop is not enough.” –Annalync–
How Does Latisse Work?
This product performs its function by making the eye lash to grow longer, stronger and thicker. This is the desire of almost every lady globally. Beautiful eye lashes are usually the strong, dark and long ones. The cyclical growth of eye lash in which new ones sprout, grow and later fall out is augmented by use of latisse. It makes sure that the grown eye lash does not fall out as fast but become stronger and thicker through support it renders at the follicle. It also increases the number of the newly growing eye lash especially on the upper eyelid.
Are There Any Side Effects?
The product latisse is made from natural ingredients that do not impact negatively on the user thus it has no known side effect on use. Mild reaction with the skin area around the eyes is an indication of its action.
How To Use Latisse?
Latisse is applied by dabbing it on the upper eye lid near the roots of the eye lash using the applicator which is supplied with every single purchase of the product. Blinking of the eye makes the product to spread effectively in the area of action to ensure great results of growth, strengthening and coloration. One should only apply this product on a dry face and never to spill it directly onto the eye balls.
- Never apply this product on the lower eye lid.
- The product should not be dropped into the eyes.
- Do not ingest the product into the mouth at anytime.
- Do not apply the product on top of a makeup, rather, use a makeup only after the product has dried.