Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Mini-Farm Grow Box Review
Mini-farm Grow Box is an evolutionally self-reliant food production box made by a company called Supply Source. It is capable of cooking food without using electricity or soil. It also have a self-watering system that requires little attention like few seconds in a day after planting the seeds. The box comes fully packed with all the essentials needed with an exception of sunlight, seeds, and water. The box is self-contained in nature with no pesky weeds. This product is effective for use in your compound and it reduces the process which you are forced to bend constantly when you are managing the plants. The box can easily be placed in a table or a bench where it is raised enough to prevent you from bending. Mini-farm grow box comes in different sizes and the most commonly sold box is priced at $120.
How Mini-Farm Grow Box Works?
This mini-farm grow box comes with a float valve that is commercially made to automatically maintain the appropriate level of water in your bin. It is also fitted well with ultra clean nutrient formula to supply your box with essential nourishments needed to support the growth of plants.
Mini-Farm Grow Box Key Components
This product is specially designed to use no electricity or soil in growing your plants. It is fitted with a 3D water float valve, which is automatic and printable. Below are the components of the box:
- A paper clip
- Common vitamin bottle – to provide nourishments
- A pencil eraser
- Garden horse washer
Mini-Farm Grow Box Pros
- It eliminates weeding
- Uses no electricity or soil
- Grows more food in a small space
- Uses little amount of water compared to soil agriculture
- The food produced is highly nutritious and rich in minerals
- It is raised on a bench or a table eliminating bending over when attending your plants
- The box is simple to use with no moving parts like motors, gears, and pumps which might cause harm to children.
- It is environmental friendly and convenient to use when there is natural disasters
- There is no need of transplanting as seeds are planted directly in the grow medium
- The boxes are easy to transport
Mini-Farm Grow Box Cons
- It can only be bought online
How to Use Mini-Farm Grow Box?
- Fill up the grow box using nutrient water.
- Place the coconut coir media of growth in the precision cut lid holes, and then put the seeds in the core grow medium and wait for them to sprout.
- The seeds will sprout and grow roots in the water medium.
- The level of water drops and the roots starts to chase the water.
- The valve opens automatically after a fall in water level due to gravity, enabling flow of new water in the grow container at a rate which is reasonable.
- The plant obtains nutrients by suspending its roots in water.
- Replace the water and the nutrients occasionally.
- Rinse and sanitize the box after harvesting the crops.
- The box is ready to be used again.