Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
My Spy Birdhouse is a product which attaches to a window in your home and allows you to watch birds secretly without scaring them away. The birds do not get to see you but you get a good view of the birds’ activities. The product features a two-way mirror through which the watching takes place. The product was created for passionate birdwatchers and for children. The birdhouse comes with two-way mirror, a clad acrylic window, an indoor hanging privacy curtain cord and a perch. The product is available online at the price listed below;
- $14.99 for the bird house
- $6.99 for an additional close up bird feeder
- $7.99 shipping and handling charges
The product comes with a 30-day refund policy less shipping and handling cost.
Manufacturer Information and Claims about My Spy Birdhouse
My Spy Birdhouse is manufactured by a company called Product Trend; LLC. It is a division of Hampton Direct, Inc. The company claims that the product is made with strong material and an all-weather suction cup to prevent the bird house from falling off the glass. The product works on all kinds of glass. The company promotes the idea that the product is good for kids as they get to learn in an adventurous way.
How My Spy Birdhouse Works?
The bird house is attached to a window using the suction cups. Place the bird house in an ideal location away from the elements, in a place that is quiet and bird friendly. Follow the instructions menu to mount the bird house. The birdhouse is used to observe the stages of the life of a bird. From the hatching of eggs, the feeding of chicks up to when the bird learns to fly. The clear two-way mirror enables this. The product works in such a way that the birds will never realize that they are being watched. It is fun and adventurous and definitely a good experience for the kids. It also teaches them observation skills.
Material Composition of My Spy Birdhouse
My Spy Birdhouse is made of plastic. It comes with clear acrylic panels. It has a two-way mirror film. The mounting suction cups are all weather round. It has an indoor hanging privacy card and curtain. It also comes with a bad feeder. A perch is also available for the birds. My Birdhouse is made with long lasting resin designed to withstand extreme conditions. It is also infused with colorant that lasts long so you don’t have to worry about painting soon.
Benefits of My Spy Birdhouse
- My Spy Birdhouse is a great educational tool for children to learn about nature.
- My Spy Birdhouse can be mounted on glass windows and can be operational all year the year round for different kinds of birds.
- You save money rather than buying expensive birdwatching equipment.
- It comes with a money-return policy
Drawbacks of using My Spy Birdhouse
- It is made of plastic which is not environment friendly.
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
Instructions for using My Spy Birdhouse
- Look for a suitable location to mount the house. Mostly near bushes and greenery. The place should be safe from predators and shady. Don’t place it too low where the predators can easily reach them.
- Remove all of the assembly pieces from the birdhouse and the plastic bag, and assemble them
- Fit the clear back panel onto the birdhouse.
- Insert the perch by lining the notch with the keyhole groove on the front of the birdhouse. Choose the desirable size.
- Insert the suction cups onto the back keyhole slots onto the back of the birdhouse then fit the suction cups up to lock in place.
- Select an outside window in the house and mount the house buy using the suction cups to mount the house
- Make the house bird-friendly by adding grass and other things.
Precautions of using My Spy Birdhouse
- Select a strong window and follow the instructions to avoid breakage or the house falling off
- Do not tap on the glass while watching as it can scare away the birds
Side effects of using My Spy Birdhouse
There are no known side effects.