Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
What is NARS?
NARS is a cosmetics and skin care company owned by Shiseido and founded by a renowned French make-up artist and photographer, Francois Nars.
Founded in 1994, the cosmetic line launched twelve lipsticks that were marketed at Barneys New York. Ever since, Nars fashioned and produced countless of cosmetic and beauty products. Some of the most popular NARS creations include blushes, bronzers, powders, lipsticks and their world renowned eye-shadow palettes.
Fabien Baron, created the minimalist packaging of NARS products and it has been acclaimed as a modern design icon. Nars started his first advertising campaign in 1996, doing the ads photography himself.
What is NARS Loose Powder?
It is a triple milled powder with light silky texture. The NARS Loose powder is designed to provide:
- Sheer and extremely natural coverage to set make up.
- Soften color and even up skin texture for overall radiant complexion.
The ultra-smooth formulation sets undetectably into the skin, it absorbs excess oils and preserves fresh looking skin with an imperceptible polish. Package comes complete with powder puff together with its own plastic and mesh sifters to enable the finest and utmost natural application.
NARS Loose powder comes in 6 different shades to match up with different skin tones:
- Snow – Complements the fairest skin tones and provides porcelain-like effects
- Flesh – Perfect for fair skin tones
- Eden – Ideal match for yellow medium skin tones
- Beach – Great with deep yellow medium skin tones
- Desert – Light rose undertones perfect for enhancing medium skin tones
- Mountain – Complements deep reddish-brown skin
Ingredients in Nars Loose Powder
Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa [Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract], Glucosyl Hesperidin; May Contain: Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides)
Positives of Nars Loose Powder
- Provides a variety of colors/ shades to match individualized skin tone
- Triple milled for silky soft, ultra-smooth texture and light feeling on the skin
- Natural finish without the powdery appearance
- Helps in skin oil control
- Enriched with Vitamin E
- Package comes complete with powder puff and its own plastic and mesh sifters
Negatives of Nars Loose Powder
- Packaging is big and bulky. There were also a lot of negative reviews about the packaging causing a mess and spill of the powder product
- People with sensitive skin may be allergic to some of the ingredients found in the powder and may even cause acne breakout
How to Apply?
- To set foundation and concealer, apply the loose powder with a puff and then dust away an excess using a loose powder brush.
- To set a favorite shade of matte lipstick, put on one coat of lipstick, set with the powder, and apply the lipstick again.
- To soften intense eyes or cheeks look, dip brush in the loose powder blow excess and dust it over skin coloring that appears condensed.
How long the Nars Loose Powder does lasts in a day?
Nars Loose Powder has a lasting power that is very good. It mattifies for hours and keeps make up looking fantastic all day requiring only minimal touch ups.
How much does Nars Loose Powder costs?
A package of Nars loose powder weighs 1.2oz and costs $35.00. A number of suppliers also offer free shipping cost for the product.
Where to Buy?
For more details, please click here