Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Preparing food is a crucial part of living. Most users have different ways of preparing food while most prefer using ovens as they seem to be faster. NuWave Oven is a type of oven that uses infrared heat to cook food. It is usually considered healthier than most conventional ovens. NuWave Oven gives you the ability to roast, bake, barbeque, broil, dehydrate, steam or simply air fry without defrosting or preheating. NuWave Oven helps you to save up to 85% of energy costs plus it saves you money.
This product is available from different online stores at different prices as shown below
- From Amazon.com,one oven goes for $130 plus $30 shipping and handling
- From NuWave website, one oven is $130 plus $30 S & H with free shipping for Prime members and $150 for non prime members but with free shipping
Manufacturer Information and Claims about NuWave Oven
NuWave Oven is a product of Healthware, Inc which is based out of Libertyville, IL. The company’s website claim that NuWave Oven is the number one countertop oven in the U.S and that it has sold more than three million units. The company also claims that this oven has gained a high amount of publicity having been featured on CNBC, FOX, ABC and many more. Healthware Inc, the manufacturers currently hold an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. NuWave Oven comes with a 90-day money back guarantee with no S & H charges back.
The manufacturers boast of NuWave Oven as having the ability of using a variety of cooking methods all in one unit. These methods include convection, mostly found in very fancy high class restaurants and hotels used to infuse flavor into foods, conduction; this is similar to the standard method used in most homes and infrared which sounds so complicated with such a small device. They also boast of the plastic dome on top not made of ordinary plastic but a polycarbonate that usually lasts and can be used again.
How Does NuWave Oven Work?
NuWave Oven is made in such a way that it consists of a unique and powerful triple combo power that works in different ways to ensure its objective is met. It works with a process called conduction. This helps in directing heat to the source much just like a conventional oven. Another process Convection uses a fan to circulate hot air around your food and its infrared ability helps to penetrate your food and simultaneously cooks it all the way round from the inside to the outside. These three processes when combined ensure that your food is evenly cooked and is always crispy on the outside but moist and juicy in the inside.
The Material Composition of NuWave Oven
There is no specific mention of its components but from the gathered information, NuWave Oven consists of the Grate and the plastic dome among others.
The Benefits of using NuWave Oven
- It has the ability to cook frozen food without defrosting
- The kitchen does not heat up during cooking
- It takes up very little space in your kitchen
- It gives you the same taste of food as a normal oven does
- The food is evenly cooked
- It is portable enough to travel with around
- It has very easy to follow recipes and directions of use
- NuWave oven helps to reduce cholesterol and aids in digestion
The Disadvantages of NuWave Oven
- The warranty is complicated as buyers must pay return shipping and handling costs
- The same warranty given is less honored
- Some parts are not durable especially the grate and the plastic dome
- It takes longer time to cook food compared to a normal oven
The Instructions for use of NuWave Oven
When using the NuWave Oven, you first place your food into the oven and then set your timer based on the type of the food and its weight. The power level of the oven will by default be set to ten but can still be adjusted to whatever you need. Once the cooking is complete it will shut itself off automatically.
The Precautions of using NuWave Oven
- Follow the given guidelines for the best possible cooking results
- The power head of the NuWave Oven should not be placed in the dishwasher
- When dish washing, ensure your dishwasher is set to air dry to avoid damaging your oven
The Side Effects of using NuWave Oven
NuWave Oven is proved to be safe and healthy to use as it promotes your healthy lifestyle choices. There has so far been no mention of any side effects associated with it.