Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Pro Joint Topical is a skin product that is used in maintaining the health of your joint and cartilage. It comes mainly in a cream form allowing for easy application to your skin. Other forms include gels, sprays or foams. It is odorless and non-greasy. It penetrates deeply into your skin and as a result, it brings out the intended purpose of treating joint inflammation and pain.
It costs at around $19.95.
The product is massaged gently on the affected area. It is absorbed deeper into your skin. It works by inhibiting cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes that stimulate production of the prostaglandin. They are chemical compounds in your body that produce pain and inflammations at the site of injury. As a result, the postagladulins reduces leading to reduced pain, stiffness and inflammation. They are effective only on the applied areas. Remember to wash your hands before and after applying the product.
It contains both medicinal and non-medicinal ingredients.
- Glucosamine hydrochloride in 400mg which is a naturally occurring product that is used to make cartilage, bones, tendons, ligaments and synovial fluid.
- Chondroitin sulfate in 180mg which is a supplement that enhances the effectiveness of glucosamine.
- Boswellia and devil’s claw herbs each in 50mg-these herbs are combined to provide an anti-inflammatory effect and relieve pain.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) in 200mg which is a natural building block for your joints.
- Curcumin (turmeric) in 48mg
- Vegetable-grade magnesium stearate and vegetable capsule which are non-medicinal ingredients.
- Other contents are anti-inflammatory products such as ibuprofen, diclofenac, felbinac, ketoprofen or piroxicam that come in various brand names.
- It keeps your joints flexible as you age.
- It is important in avoiding joint stiffness that might cause pain to you.
- It treats joint inflammation and pain.
- It aids in maintaining a healthy cartilage.
- It acts fast.
- It has very minimal side effects such as skin itching or redness especially to those with sensitive skin. They can be minimized by controlling the amount of the product you apply on your skin.
- It may be best for those with allergies to eggs or egg products.
- It limits those people who are not able to endure effects of chondroitin and methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) ingredients.
- Less is known about individual effects of many ingredients to your body.
- It is not advisable for it to be used by pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Depending on your skin type, it can increase your skin sensitivity to the sun.
Customers Review and FAQs
How well are they effective?
According to the research, they are effective and act on the intended area at a very high rate. They can also be effective as tablets though they have various side effects.
Most of the consumers have ranked it as a good product due toits potential to improve your joint health, minimal side effects to most of them and quality ingredients.
A small number of customers with asthma have reported the wheezing side effect. It is a rare case and sometimes it results upon application of large amounts on your skin.