Proactiv plus is a product designed for the treatment of acne. Acne is more prone to teenagers and women due to high hormonal activities in the body. It is available in a 3-step kit which includes a skin smoothing exfoliator, a complexion perfecting hydrator and a pore targeting treatment. Proactive plus is designed for all skin types and for all ethnicities. The product is formulated using smart target technology. It treats acne and improves the appearance of the skin. The product has been formulated with the best skincare ingredients to treat acne, solve uneven skin tone, pigmentation, excess oil and shine, redness and blotchiness and other skin conditions. The product is available online on its official website and other sites at the price stated below;
- $ 39.95 for the Proactiv complete kit
- $39.95 for the teen kit
- $29.95 for the 3-step kit.
- $5.99 for shipping
The product comes with a sixty day money back guarantee
Manufacturer information and claims about the product
Proactiv plus is manufactured by the company Proactive which is based in the USA. The company has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. The product has extensively been researched. The three step formulaclears acne faster and more easily. It is the only acne treatment in the market that uses smart target technology. The method ensures that the formula is absorbed faster into the skin and that it is gentle in its works as well as effective. The formula is not tested on animals. The active ingredients used in fighting acne are FDA approved and it is therefore safe. The ingredients have also been dermatologically tested and are safe for all skin types.
How Proactiv Plus works
Proactiv plus treats all types of acne. The formula works in three steps to restore a healthy skin and to fade acne marks and unwanted pigmentation marks. The product evens out redness and blotchiness brightens up your complexion .The product contains the active ingredient of benzoyl peroxide. The smart target technology guides the benzoyl peroxide directly into the pores to kill bacteria which cause acne. The smart target technology also minimizes skin dryness and irritation. The three steps employed by Proactiv plus are to cleanse treat and smoothen the skin.
Ingredients of Proactiv Plus
- It kills bacteria on the pores to prevent pimples from forming.
- Remove dead skin by exfoliating. This prevents pores from being clogged.
- It moisturizes and nourishes the skin
- It brightens the skin
- Clears blemishes by unclogging pores.
- It brightens the skin
- This ingredient helps in controlling excess oil production
- It clears the redness appearance and reduces irritation
Other inactive ingredients also blend to form a powerful formula which clears acne and improves the skin’s appearance.
Benefits of Proactiv Plus
- It is effective as it uses benzoyl peroxide
- The lotion is light and easy to apply.
- It has a moisturizer which keeps the skin soft and supple.
- It comes with a money return guarantee
Drawbacks of using Proactiv Plus
- It has zinc oxide as an ingredient which is linked to cancer
- Acne might re-occur later once you stop using the product
- The product may cause allergies and dryness of the skin.
I have used lot of different products over the years but nothing has worked for me as well as this does. – Angel
Instructions of Using Proactive Plus
The first step is to cleanse the skin using the skin smoothing exfoliator by following the steps below;
- Apply a large amount to wet skin
- Gently massage the cream in a circular motion for about 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.
The second step is to treat the pores using the pore targeting treatment
- Apply the lotion to clean, dry skin.
- Rub in to the face gently and do not rinse off.
- Let the lotion be fully absorbed before moving on to the next step.
The third step is to hydrate the skin using the complexion perfecting hydrator
- Apply a generous amount to dry skin.
- Rub gently on the face and do not rinse off
- Give it time to absorb and re-apply again when necessary.
Proactiv plus should be used twice daily in the morning and at night. Keep using the product as directed.
Precautions of using Proactiv Plus
If there is no improvement in the acne and it worsens stop using the product immediately and see a dermatologist.
Side effects of Proactiv Plus
The side effects experienced are mild,usually drying and irritation in some users. The product can also cause allergies.