Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
ProMotion for Medium and Large Dogs is a high quality dietary supplement that promises to maintain healthy joints and bones in dogs. The producer claims that that it provides pet joints with the nutrients needed to remain healthy and active.
What you should know about ProMotion for medium and large dogs?
- This product is designed for dogs that are considered big. I.e. dogs that weigh above 13 pounds
- ProMotion is sold in a white bottle with a white label and blue font. You should not confuse it with ProMotion EQ.
- Most retailers are selling it for an average of $50. The variation in price depends on the retailer shop you are buying it from, shipping and handling costs and to some small extent the tax applied.
- Promotion brings together bioflavanol, glucosamine & high levels of hydrolysed collagen to give you a fast and effective treatment of joint problems
- Comes in an easy to administer form. It can easily be mixed with food
Manufacturer Claims about ProMotion
According to the manufacturer, this is a product designed for dogs that are;
- Having trouble moving up and down. This applies to dogs that were initially active a playful but became reluctant to play and inactive
- Limping or show evidence of painful joints
- Experiencing cracking and immobile joints
How Does ProMotion Work?
Promotion for medium and large dogs contains Glucosamine as an active ingredient. Glucosamine is believed to be the backbone of a healthy cartilage both in humans and animals. Research suggests that it aids in hydrating healthy joints by promoting the production of highly hygroscopic molecules that bind and hold water molecules in the cartilage. This ensures that the cartilage provides cushioning thus protecting pet joints during exercises. Further research indicates that it provides clinical benefit to the connective tissue fluid, synovial fluid, by facilitating glycosaminoglycan synthesis. Additionally, ProMotioncontains manganese, which is known to helpmaintain the recommended levels of nutrients required to re-build and replenish connective tissue.
Ingredients in ProMotion
- Glucosamine – inarguably the most popular and common joint care ingredient. Glucosamine is known to help repair and regenerate degenerated cartilage. Glucosamine is naturally found in the bodies of pets, but if the levels are low, it can cause joint problems.
- Manganese – this is a mineral that helps your pet’s body maintain connective tissue, sex hormones, blood clotting factors, and bones. It also plays a vital role in fat and carbohydrate synthesis, blood sugar regulation and calcium absorption. Manganese is also necessary for proper brain and nerve functioning.
- Ascorbic Acid or Vitamin C – vitamin C is an important vitamin is known to fight off various common ailments including common cold. It is believed to have anti-oxidation qualities
- Cysteine – helps the pet’s body to detoxify and protect its cells from free radical damage.
- Helps maintain healthy joints
- Acts as a highly potent natural antioxidant
- Easy to administer
- Flavoured to ensure no after taste
- Regarded safe to use without any known side effects
This product has given my 8yr old pit her youth back. Runs, jumps, plays like never berfore when she used to struggle getting off the couch after sleeping. Wish I knew about this yrs ago! – Rachel Geraghty
This truly helps with my dog’s arthritis. The only detraction is that my dog does not like the flavor. I have to wrap it in cheese to get him to take it. – Jayme Berry
ProMotion Warnings and Precautions
- ProMotion is a safe product to use on all large and medium sized dogs. In case you are not sure of your dog’s size, consult your vet for further instructions
- Proceed with uttermost caution when administering to pregnant or breastfeeding dogs. The manufacturer cannot guarantee the safety of this product to pregnant and breastfeeding dogs.
- This product should be store in cool dry place away from children.
- This product is not meant to treat or cure any ailment. According to the manufacturer, it is meant for supplemental use only.
- Diabetic dogs should get their sugar legs checked regularly during the period of use.
Directions of use for ProMotion
The producers recommend this product for dogs above 13 pounds. Here is the dosage chart given;
- For dogs between 13 to 25 lbs. – 1/2 tablet per day
- For dogs between 26 to 50 lbs.- 1 tablet per day
- For dogs between 51 to 80 lbs. – 2 tablets per day
- For dogs between 80 lbs. – 3 tablets per day.
The producers recommend doubling the maintenance usage for the first 5 days.