Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
There is a group of homeowners who prefer to repel pests from their households rather than killing them. A combination of essential oils such as peppermint gave birth to the potent formulation that is Rodent Sherriff. It uses natural peppermint extracts to repel pests, which are always a nuisance in our households.
The pest repellant is manufactured in the US using a unique and handcrafted peppermint formula. It is manufactured by Rodent Sherriff. The company’s aim is to provide everyday products to American households. It banks on the experience of its staff to create eco-friendly products.
The products works by creating a barrier between your household and the pests. It was not just created with the idea o keeping pests away from the household, but also to enhance the safety of those in the house. The smell of peppermint oil is greatly detested by pests. It can therefore be applied anywhere within and outside the house to repel the pests. Its active ingredient, which is peppermint does not harm human beings. The manufacturers similarly claim that the product is odor free.
Its strong formulation is attributed to a number of ingredients. These include:
- 2.7 percent Peppermint Oil
- 0.1 percent Sodium Lauryl Sulphate
- Propylene Carbonate Sodium Benzoate
- The product effectively keeps common pests such as rats, mice and houseflies away.
- It is safe and has no known side effects.
- It is pleasant to humans since it has no odor. It only repels household pests.
- It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Besides being sprayed in the house, it can be used in the garden, garages, trash bins, and storage areas.
- It is relatively cheaper than other similar products in the market. The price of an 8 oz. bottle ranges between $10 and $15, which is quite affordable to most households.
- There is a one month money back guarantee. Two bottles are also sold at the price of one.
- The product can only be shipped to locations within the US. No plans have been put in place for international shipments.
- It is quite strong and can cause breathing problems, more so among young children.
- It do not have a website or customer care service. This makes it hard for customers to make inquiries about the product, or raise complaints about it.
- It may cause sneezing and irritates the eyes especially when sprayed against the wind. This can be a health hazard in the long run.
There is very little information about the product and its manufacturer. This is its main undoing because it is quite difficult to directly address concerns that are raised by those who buy it. The product’s reception has been somehow lukewarm. It has generally had mixed reviews. A number of buyers swear that it has greatly helped them in their quest to keep pests away from their houses. Others simply cannot stand it and thus prefer using homemade peppermint oil spray, which has more or less a similar formulation. Complaints have been raised concerning lack of information about the amount that needs to be sprayed. Some buyers have also complained that Rodent Sherriff’s claim that the product is odorless is misleading since the repellant has a strongodor.