Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator is among the most advanced refrigerators of all time. This smart electronic appliance comes with a 21.5-inch touchscreen, has Wi-Fi connectivity and it costs a $5600. It is designed to be a one-stop family destination and to achieve this it allows users to input schedules as well share shopping lists. The refrigerator works with the Samsung Smart Home application which every user needs to have to interact digitally with the appliance. It also features a built-in camera to allow users to view the contents in the fridge.
How Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator Works
Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator features a touchscreen which runs Samsung’s Tizen operating system. The device has several convenient applications making this Samsung product far much superior than other smart refrigerators. It also has a four door cooling system that, notably, has a FlexZone compartment with remarkable temperature maintenance offering settings like Soft Freeze, Frozen, Cheese/Vegetables, Meat/Fish and White Wine. These settings conveniently enable the bottom right compartment to be used as a freezer or fridge. The Hub also comes with Triple & Metal Cooling technology to ensure effective humidity monitoring allowing quick adjustment in-case any of its doors is left open. The front panel also incorporates an ice and water feed offering users crushed or cubed ice water.
Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator Apps
As a smart appliance, the Family Hub meets smart capabilities similar to those on phones and tablets given that it is a touchscreen fridge. The home screen has time and weather widgets locked to it and it also comes with the following app collection that allows connectivity to users mobile devices:
- Internet – it allows users browse the web
- White Board – it allows users to scribble notes on it as well as sketch doodles.
- View Inside – The built-in cameras are used by this app to get pictures of the fridge interior while also allowing users to track expiration dates of the contents using.
- All recipes – it is useful in finding new recipes and organizing them.
- Club des Chefs – it offers users videos with cooking instructions.
- StickiBoard – it imports calendars for users Google and Outlook apps to form a shares family calendar on the refrigerator.
- TuneIn – it allows streaming of internet radio and podcasts.
- Pandora – it is a popular music streaming app.
- TV Mirroring – the Family Hub Fridge screen can display Samsung smart TVs picture.
- Photo Album – this is a photo app used by the device to form screensavers.
- Groceries/InstaCart by MasterCard – it allow users order and have groceries delivered.
- Timer – Timing app useful in monitoring chilling of foods and marinating time.
- Fridge Manager – this allows user to view and change temperature and settings in the different compartments.
Active Key Ingredients
Samsung Family Hub Fridge Pros
- It features an incredible 21.5-inch High Definition touchscreen.
- Its Tizen OS is easy to use.
- It retains moisture in the drawers over longer period than average.
Samsung Family Hub Fridge Cons
- It is expensive.
- The smart device lacks a Bluetooth-in function.
- The touchscreen doesn’t allow compatibility to third party apps and devices.
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
Family Hub Fridge Service and Warranty
Samsung offers owners a one-year warranty on labor and parts and a five-year labor and parts warranty on the sealed fridge parts. Customer service is available via the company website, email or calling directly. In addition, this smart appliance offers owners a free demonstration at home courtesy of the company’s Elite Service team that takes the new owners through what the Family Hub works with.