Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Seraquin is a supplement designed to boost mobility and promote overall health of joints in dogs and cats. It is used either by itself, in case the symptoms are moderate or combined with other supplements sin case the symptoms are severe. According to the producers this product has been known to give favourable results after an injury or in the case of a growth or deformity.
Things You Should Know About Seraquin
- This product is made in a chewable format that is easy to ingest for pets. The product can easily be assimilated in the diet of pets. It is only 2g and thus is easy for all ages of dogs. The manufacturer has established that pets like to take the product directly from the hand
- The product is available in most pet shops for an average of £24.49. Thisprice, however may vary depending on the store you buy it from. Be sure to check the shipping and handling cost before purchasing.
- The product is designed to help the inbuilt mechanisms to function optimally. For this reason, the producers recommend using this product for 4-8 weeks. This is believed to be enough time for the inbuilt mechanism to recover.
- Based on three ingredients that have been scientifically proven to be effective both in animals and in humans.
- Seraquin is packaged in vacuum sealed blister packaging to make sure that it has extended shelf life and long-lasting tastiness.
Does Seraquin really work for joints?
The only way to correctly judge the effectiveness of the product is to look at the product reviews. Seraquin is doing relatively well on the shelf. Over half of the buyers observed tremendous improvement with their pets. Second, the product contains one of the best ingredients in the industry. Glucosamine and Chondroitin have been used for both horses and humans and we therefore believe it will work with pets.
What Ingredients Are Used In Seraquin?
Seraquin is produced using high quality ingredients. According to the producers, Boehringer Ingelheim, Seraquin ingredients are carefully selected to ensure quality and efficiency. The three most important ingredients are;
- Glucosamine HCL – this is a popular ingredient in the joint care circles. It has been proven to help restore degenerated cartilage and connective tissue. The supplement has been used in both human and horse supplements.
- Chondroitin – this is a highly hygroscopic ingredient that is known to promote joint lubrication and production of synovial fluids. The product is used side to side with Glucosamine in most products.
- Curcumin – this is the active ingredient in turmeric. It has been known as a good anti-inflammatory agent due to its strong anti-inflammation properties.
Benefits of Taking Seraquin
There are profound benefits of using this product. The major benefits of this product, according to the manufacturer, are;
- Trouble jumping up and down
- Reluctance to play and tiredness
- Limping or stiffness
- Change in disposition like increased anxiety or reduced tolerance with your children and/or other pets
- Change in grooming habits like increased licking of joints.
A fantastic product which we have only used quite recently for our 13 year old terrier who has had a poorly back and leg problems for several years whilst on Metacam which is apparently not very good for our dog’s liver. Our dog now seems to have had a new lease of life in recent weeks since being on these daily tablets and plays actively with our three month old puppy. Two more packs of Seraquin have just been purchased from Amazon! – Richard John Day
Unsure if they are helping but gives me peace of mind that I am doing the best for my pet. My vet speaks well of this product hoping that I will see the improvement signs soon. – Christiana Brunskill
According to the manufacturer, Seraquin is best administered as a treat or crashed into their normal food or drinks. The recommended dosage according to the manufacturer follows the chart below
Seraquin 2g chewable tablets for dogs
- Less than 10kg – 1 tablets daily
- 10 – 20 kg – 2 tablets daily
- 20 – 40 kg – 3 tablets daily
- More than 40kg – 4 tablets daily
Seraquin 800g chewable tablets for cats and small dogs
- Less than 5 kg – 2 tablets daily
- 5 – 7.5 kg – 2 tablets daily
- 7.5 – 10 kg – 3 tablets daily
Precautionary Warnings and Other Side Effects
Seraquin is a supplement made from all natural ingredients. The supplement is generally regarded as safe. However, the safety of Seraquin in pregnant or nursing dogs is still under evaluation and therefore it is recommended that you administer the supplement carefully. Secondly, care needs to be taken in dogs that are known to be allergic to fish, dogs with clotting disorders, diabetes and urinary tract stones.
In a recent study, scientists discovered that this product may contain ingredients that may cause problems in dogs that suffer from metabolic conditions associated with hyperglycemia. Pet owners are also advised to use Seraquin with meals since the supplement may result in mild gastrointestinal upset. Use the supplement for at least three weeks. In some dogs, this product may offer undesirable symptoms. If this ever happens, then you should discontinue use immediately and seek veterinarian help.