Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Solaray pygeum & saw palmetto is a prostate supplement that uses two of its most active ingredients namely; pygeum Africanum extract and Saw palmetto to prevent conditions of the prostate known as Benign Prostatic hyperplasia and Prostatitis. These conditions come about when the prostate enlarges in size and this usually happens in men in their early 40s and above. This supplement is purely vegetarian and exists in the form of capsules which are packaged in small plastic bottles containing 120 capsules.
There are different marketing websites that display this product online and they offer different prices for it. According to one of the websites, the prices are as follows;
- $37.39 per bottle if bought in pieces.
- $22.29 per bottle if bought in stock.
Manufacturer Information and Claims about Solaray Pygeum & Saw Palmetto
This supplement formula is manufactured by a company with a product family name of Nutraceutical. It also uses Solaray as the name of its flagship brand. This company is known to be manufacturing more than 1000 medical products. Some of these products include; Solaray Liver Blend SP-13 and Solaray Cinnamon. A common feature in all these products, according to the manufacturer, is that they are made from purely natural ingredients. This fact, the manufacturer claims, makes this product very safe when used in combating benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostatitis. This is reinforced by the other fact that it uses its two most active ingredients namely; pygeum africanum extract and saw palmetto to perform the aforementioned function.
How Solaray Pygeum & Saw Palmetto Works?
This supplement formula works to promote prostate health and therefore its proper functioning and that of the renal system. It contains pygeum africanum and saw palmetto which function to balance hormonal levels, especially testosterone, for a healthy prostate. It also combines the functions of its other ingredients such as zinc and vitamin B6 to promote the health of the prostate and therefore its correct functioning and that of the renal system.
The Ingredients Used in Solaray Pygeum & Saw Palmetto
1. Saw Palmetto
- It is extracted from ripe saw palmetto fruit.
- Its main function is to balance the levels of a hormone known dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which induces cell growth in the prostate tissue. By this function, this ingredient will inhibit prostate enlargement and enhance its healthy wellbeing.
2. Pygeum Africanum
- It is extracted from the pygeum africanum tree bark.
- It also functions to balance the hormonal levels for the healthy wellbeing and functioning of the prostate and the renal system.
- The deposits of this ingredient are naturally found in the prostate gland. It ensures the prostate does not enlarge and hence its healthy wellbeing.
- It also helps to boost the sperm count.
4. Vitamin B6
- It is also extracted from natural sources and works hand in hand with zinc in that it boosts its absorption into the blood stream and into the prostate tissues.
The other ingredients include; vegetable cellulose capsule, cellulose, l-glycine, l-alanine, glutamic acid and pumpkin seed. They also contribute to the effectiveness of this supplement formula.
The Benefits of Solaray Pygeum & Saw Palmetto
- It improves the prostate health and therefore boosts sexual performance in men.
- It also reduces the high frequency and urgency of urination.
- Purchase in stock comes with price subsidies.
- It is made with ingredients that are all natural making it safe to use.
- The customers can easily communicate with the manufacturer through the contact details provided.
- It is vegetarian safe.
The Drawbacks of Solaray Pygeum & Saw Palmetto
- The statements and claims on the different websites about this product have not been evaluated by FDA.
- There is no clear mention of the time interval provided of when the results can start showing after use.
- It does not treat or cure the conditions of prostate enlargement.
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
The Dosage Instructions of Solaray Pygeum & Saw Palmetto
The user should take 4 capsules per day or otherwise as advised by a qualified medical doctor.
Solaray Pygeum & Saw Palmetto Precautions
- It should be kept in a cool and dry place.
- Keep away from the reach of children preferably in locked medicine cabinets.
- Do not use if you purchase it with a broken or missing seal on the bottle.
- It should be used by adult men only.
The Side Effects of Solaray Pygeum & Saw Palmetto
This product does not contain any animal product or by-product. This minimizes the chances of the occurrence of undesirable side effects to the user. However, there have been a few reported ones such as stomach irritations.
Does Solaray Pygeum & Saw Palmetto Interact With Other Medications?
This product can be taken with other medications without the risk of a chemical reaction because its ingredients are purely natural.