Solgar® No. 7 has been taunted as the “next generation” replacement to glucosamine. The product is marketed as a fast working joint pain relief formula with a turnaround of just seven days (hence the name Solgar® No. 7). The manufacturer markets this product targeting users who are actively engaged in competitive sports or physical activities. According to the same manufacturer, the product contains a blend of bio-active compounds that are quickly absorbed and assimilated into the body.
Manufacturer Information about Solgar No. 7
Solgar No. 7 is a trademark product of a United States based company called Solgar, Inc. The company headquarters is based in their complex located 500 Willow Tree Road. This is where most of the marketing and production takes place. The company has strong roots in the supplement industry given the fact that it was still in the business in 1947.
What Solgar No. 7 Claims?
Solgar makes bold claims about the capabilities of Solgar No. 7. First and the major selling point is the claim that this product works in just 7 days. Majority of the products that are similar to Solgar No. 7 have a turnaround of more than two weeks. Other claims Solgar makes are;
- It inhibits the activities of degenerative enzymes that eat down the cartilage cells thus affecting the structural integrity of the cartilage
- Encourages joint conditioning thereby promoting the regeneration of healthy cells
- Gets rids of joint pain, stiffness and joint inflammation
How Does Solgar No. 7 Work?
Solgar No. 7 has a wonderful working formula. It heavily relies on the patent-pending 5-loxin formula that is believed to slow down the action of harmful enzymes that are known to eat away joints and cartilage. This achieves two things; one, it facilitates repair of already degenerated joints and cartilage and two, it prevent further damage of the joints and cartilage. According to a study done on the 5-Loxin formula, it reduce joint pain and improved joint functioning in just a week. Overall, Solgar No. 7 is a product that promises to give you a holistic approach to your joint health
Solgar No. 7 Active Ingredients
- Vitamin C – also known as ascorbic acid. Has many beneficial effects to the body
- 5-LoxinÂ® Advanced (Boswellia Serrata Extract) – easily absorbed in the body and fights off inflammation
- Turmeric Root 4:1 Extract – previously used as a food additive but is now used for its pain relieving qualities
- UC-IIÂ® Standardized Cartilage – replenishes damaged cartilage
- White Willow Bark 5:1 Extract – may cause interactions but it plays an important role in pain relief
- Ginger Root 4:1 Extract (Zingiber Officinale) – Ginger is widely used due to its anti-inflammation qualities
- Other ingredients include Pepper Spice (Cayenne Powder), Capsicum annuum, BioperineÂ®
Solgar No. 7 Advantages
- Designed to be fast acting
- Official website has an inbuilt store locator application
- The manufacturer is well established.
Solgar No. 7 Disadvantages
- Lacks the conventional joint care blend of Glucosamine and chondroitin
- No clinical trials conducted on the product.
Joints feel great. Helped more than expected. – David A. Bunnell
My wife and I have been using this for over a year, one tablet on a daily basis and cannot believe how much better we feel, we move, the increase range of motion we have. A family friend told us about this and we have recommended it to many more family members and friends. We WILL use this the rest of our lives. – Tom A. Fix
Solgar No. 7 Side Effects and Warnings
- There are no known side effects of Solgar No. 7. If in any case you might be allergic to any of the ingredients contained in Solgar No. 7, you should avoid taking Solgar No. 7 since it might give you undesirable results.
- Consult your physician before administering in children under 18 years of age.
- If you happen to be pregnant or breast-feeding, consult your caregiver before use.
- Keep out of reach of children and store in a cool dry place
Solgar No. 7 Dosage and Directions for Use
Take 1 veg-cap a day. When the product show desirable results then it stops working, discontinue use for 4-5 days then resume. Continue with this cycle as long as the pain persists.
How Long Will It Take to Show Results?
Solgar No. 7 is designed to act fast. According to the manufacturer, your pain will be gone in just seven days. Disclaimer: different people respond differently to supplements and therefore it might take longer than 7 days to show positive results.
Does Solgar No. 7 interact With other Medications?
This product contains white willow extract and thus we have reason to believe it might interact with some medications such as coagulant
Who can Take Solgar No. 7?
Solgar No. 7 is designed for adult use only unless your caregiver says otherwise.