Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
The Missing Link Ultimate Skin & Coat Dog Supplement is a dietary supplement that specializes in nourishing the skin of dogs. According to the manufacture it contains ingredients that are not found in most commercial diets. These ingredients, according to the producers, are wholesome and bioactive just like nature intended them to be. The Missing Link Ultimate Skin & Coat Dog Supplement supports lustrous coat as well as facilitates a healthy digestion. The formula is designed for all kinds of dogs, but it is highly recommended for dogs that are at a higher risk.
What do the producers of The Missing Link Ultimate Skin & Coat Dog Supplement claim?
The producers have made very bold claim about this product. Some claims will pass as marketing gimmicks with no scientific backing while some claims are as a result of numerous research studies. They claim that this product contains nutrients that are not found in commercial diets. Well, this may pass as a marketing strategy despite the fact that The Missing Link Ultimate Skin & Coat Dog Supplement is fortified with minerals and vitamins. They also claim that this product delivers fiber for a healthy bowel movement and maintaining normal digestion and overall health.
What are the ingredients in The Missing Link Ultimate Skin & Coat Dog Supplement?
The product is packed with numerous ingredients most of which have been confirmed to be helpful in the care of animal skin. Some of the active ingredients include;
- Vitamin B2 – this is a water soluble vitamin that is present in most animal and plant tissue. It is among the group B vitamins that helps the body convert carbohydrates into glucose. It is important for body growth and red blood cell reproduction.
- Vitamin B1 – it is found in most food nutrients. Like Vitamin B2 it is responsible for producing the fuel that keeps our body moving and energized.
- Vitamin B3 -it is a water soluble vitamin that forms part of the B-complex group of vitamins. It has numerous uses in the body of animals
- Vitamin B12 – responsible for energy production and aids the body to better assimilate other nutrients.
- Yucca – it has been used for the longest time possible in the treatment of various complications, including migraines and in the treatment of arthritis. It has been tested and proven effective in both humans and animals due to its anti-inflammation properties
- Sunflower Seed – sunflower seeds have multi-uses in your petâ€™s body. For starters, it helps they are strong anti-oxidants that are great for thyroid growth. Other beneficial properties include great source of magnesium, promotes healthy cholesterol levels and promote cardiovascular health
- Ground Flaxseed – ground flaxseed is a source of natural oil that also provides the needed omega fatty acids known to maintain a healthy coat and believed to have strong anti-oxidation properties
- Rice Bran – Rice Bran is the vitamin rich outer layer of the grain. Despite it being rich in vitamins, it is also a source of low fat energy and fibre.
- Primary Dried Yeast
- Cane Molasses – cane molasses contributes a wide percentage of the flavour of this product. It is also a great source of energy
- Zinc – Zinc is a mineral antioxidant that is critical in the synthesis of bone, developing disease resistance and a healthy skin. It is found and is needed by every cell in the body. Research has linked it to a healthy immune system. Zinc deficiency causes two known skin disorders
Other ingredients include: Sunflower Seed, Freeze Dried Beef Liver, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Dried Carrot, Ground Beef Bone, Dried Fish Solubles, Ground Barley Grass, Dried Kelp, Freeze Dried Oyster, Zinc Methionine Complex, Lecithin, Selenium Yeast, Folic Acid and Vitamin B12 Supplement.
Benefits of using The Missing Link Ultimate Skin & Coat Dog Supplement?
- This product is made from all natural ingredients
- It is fortified with minerals and vitamins
- It is available over the counter with no prescription
Drawbacks of The Missing Link Ultimate Skin & Coat Dog Supplement?
- Contains too many ingredients increasing the likelihood of allergic reactions
We’ve been using this daily for 4 months (pup is now 8 mo. old) and he has been scratching less and his fur is still incredibly soft. Must be working. – D. Park
I’ve been using this for a few months now. Its probably my 4th or 5th bag Im on now. It really seems to work for the dogs itching. – Wilburn O.
Dosage and administration instructions
The recommended daily intake is as follows;
- For dogs weighing Up to 10 lbs. Give1/2 teaspoon
- For dogs weighing 11-20 lbs. Give1 teaspoon
- For dogs weighing 21 to 40 lbs. Give2 teaspoons
- For dogs weighing 41 to 80 lbs. Give3 teaspoons
- For dogs weighing 81 to 100 lbs. Give4 teaspoons