Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Thermacell is a mosquito repellent device which is manufactured in USA and sold by Walmart on its website. You are able to get true information about this device place of origin through reading the product insert or get its manufacturer details as there is inconsistence of information between its country of origin and that of its manufacturing company. It is a device which is safe for human consumption which results to a 15ft by 15ft area of free mosquitoes and black flies. It is available in small size making it easy to fit your pocket or handbag. It contains refillable mats and it is power comes from butane cartridge.
How Thermacell Works
This is a mosquito repellant that utilizes Thermacell repellent mats and refill cartridges through creating a particular area of 15ft by 15ft which contains the mosquito repellent, thus ensuring that there will be no mosquito in that area making it safe for you. This device is similar to natural repellent which is contained in a specific plant called chrysanthemum. The butane cartridge offers cordless and movable heat which will start the device and therefore, the butane is responsible for powering the product. This heat created by butane is transmitted to a metal grill and a small mat containing the repellents is inserted on the upper part of the grill. The heat then separates the repellents from the mat into the 15ft by 15ft area to protect you from mosquito bites.
The device contains the following:
- Repellent mats which are separated by the power generated by butane cartridge, which is responsible for keeping mosquitoes away.
- Butane cartridge- this cartridge is able to create power that will be directed to the repellent mats to disperse them for effective use of chasing the mosquitoes and flies away.
- It is small in size making it easy to fit in your pocket of handbag.
- It utilizes synthetic chemical allethrin that is efficient in making sure that more than 98% of mosquitoes or black flies are away.
- It contains three repellent mats that last for long hours.
- It is a device which is approved by the EPA and therefore safe for your own use.
- It takes a few minutes to warm up to a maximum of 5 minutes to provide hours of free mosquitoes and black flies area.
- Its repellents cannot be easily blown away by the wind.
- Easy to use device.
- There is inconsistent information regarding to the origin country of the device provided and that of its manufacturing company.
- The device can be bought through online only.
- There is less discussion of the ingredients contained in the Thermacell repellent.
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
The device is easy to use. Follow carefully the steps below:
- Insert the repellent mat under the grill on the upper part of the device.
- Remove the lower cover of the cartridge.
- Push the cartridge carefully in the space below the device.
- Turn on the device through pressing the ON button on the device.
- Wait for a maximum of 5 minutes for the device to work.
Thermacell side effects
Thermacell repellent has no potential side effects. It has no allergens and it is approved by EPA making it safe for human consumption. The device is safe for all.