Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Viviscal is one of the most talked about hair growth supplement on market. It is a pill meant for hair loss treatment and is taken to combat hair loss in women as well as male pattern baldness. This hair growth dietary supplement is said to be 100% drug free. They are available for both men and women. Viviscal extra strength pill is sold at $99.00 per bottle on the official website and on Amazon.
Manufacturer Information and Claims about Viviscal
Viviscal hair supplement is retailed by Lifes2good Company which is behind many other health and beauty products. According to Better Business Bureau, this company has been in operation since 1997. It gets an A+ rating as there are no complaints about it so far.
The company has an official website which lists Finola Hughes, a popular actress, as a spokesperson for Viviscal. A contact as well as a physical address is listed on the website. Lifes2Good claims that the only way you can get healthier and thicker hair is through Viviscal supplement. They have Viviscal Extra strength for women, Viviscal for man and Viviscal Professional. They claim that these special blends ensure that both men and women get the essential building blocks necessary for growth of thick and healthy hair.
How Does Viviscal Work?
There are a couple of published studies that prove just how effective the Viviscal supplement is. A study published in 1992 on 40 young men showed a 38% hair growth increase over a 24 week period while the placebos only registered a 2% increase.
Another study done in 2014 on 40 women over a period of 40 weeks registered a 46% reduction on hair loss.
Active Ingredients in Viviscal
Here is a list of ingredients in the Viviscal formula as per the manufacturer’s label;
AminoMar Marine Complex
- This is a combination of shark powder and mollusk powder that according to the manufacturer originate from “sustainable marine sources”.
- It contributes to the growth of hair and nourishment of the scalp.
- This is scientifically known as Equisetum arvense.
- It has non-inflammatory properties, there are 16 studies available that give a link between horsetail extract and hair growth. It has the power to revitalize and strengthen your hair as it increases blood circulation to the scalp.
Millet Seed Extract
- It is scientifically referred to as Sorghum bicolor.
- Its role in hair growth is also not mentioned.
- Studies done on mice suggested that Vitamin C causes the elongation of hair follicles and shafts.
- This is a type of niacin that prevents facial flashing and redness.
- This is a type of Vitamin B that is popular in other hair products like shampoos.
- Lack of biotin is one of the factors that causes hair loss.
Iron and Zinc
- These two minerals have been linked to hair loss.
- Viviscal provides plenty of these ensuring that hair is not lost.
- Studies show that it reduces hair loss by 46%.
- Reduces baldness.
- There are various studies that have been conducted to prove the effectiveness of this supplement and they are all provided on the official website.
- It is 100% drug free suggesting that one cannot get dependent on the supplement.
- It has been accused of certain side effects.
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
It comes in tablet form and should be taken twice in a day, preferably early in the morning and late at night. Take the tablets with water and food for a minimum of 6 months.
No prescription is needed for any of the Viviscal products but you should note that Viviscal Professional is slightly stronger and until recently, was only sold by a dermatologist, hair salon or spa.
It is not recommended for people with fish or shellfish allergies.
It is also not recommended for pregnant or lactating mothers as the effects on the baby have not been ascertained.
Side Effects of Viviscal
From the study results, the possible side effects include crystic acne, headaches, insomnia and some people have also reported weight gain in line with this supplement.
Does It Interact With Other Medication?
As it is an indigestible medicine, one is advised to consult with their doctor as it may cause interactions with other medications.
Where to Buy?
For more details, please click here