Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Wen Hair Care is a line of hair products which aim to clean and nourish your hair. It is a five in one hair kit designed to give your hair the cleansing it deserves. The products ensure that your hair is cleansed thoroughly. The formula does not lather because it does not contain any sulfate or any harsh detergents like the ones found in other shampoos. It retains the natural oils found in the scalp. The end result is the hair looking shiny, well moisturized and strong.
The product is easy to use and saves time since it performs all the required functions at one go. The styling kit can be used by both men and women. The cleansing conditioner comes in different flavors designed for each hair type. It is up to the buyer to decide which one is the best for their hair type. The products in Wen Hair Care range from conditioners, styling crèmes, hydrating masks and hair oil. This review will mainly focus on the conditioners. The products are available online at the price listed below;
- $ 29.95 for the basic kit
- $39.95 for the deluxe kit
Wen offers a sixty day money back guarantee. The buyer has 60 days to return the product for a refund of his money minus shipping and handling costs.
Manufacturer Information and Claims about Wen Hair Care
Wen is a product of Chaz Dean, a famous American hair stylist. The products are manufactured in the USA. The manufacturer claims that the product does not lather and does not contain sodium laurel sulfate. The cleansers are made of natural ingredients which soothe the scalp. They nourish the hair by deep cleansing it and leave a natural sheen on the hair. The manufacturer claims that their products are not tested on animals and that their products are contain natural botanical ingredients which are safe on hair.
How Wen Hair Care Works?
Wen cleansing conditioner works by thoroughly cleaning the hair. The product does not latherbecause it contains non-ionic surfactants. It also has emulsifiers which help to dissolve oil in water. The ingredients also work by enabling the conditioner to be spread evenly and thoroughly across the hair. The ingredients are safe and gentle on the hair. They leave the hair with its natural oils. These are gentle surfactants that will not strip your hair of the natural oil.
Wen Hair Care Ingredients And Material Components
The types of conditioners are;
- Tea Tree-for dry brittle hair and itchy scalps
- Cucumber Aloe-for oily scalps and dry hair
- Lavender-for fine thin hair
- Sweet Almond Mint- for all hair types
- Fig-for dry and damaged hair, ethnic, color-treated, dehydrated, thick or straightened esp coarse or curly hair
- Pomegranate-all hair types.
Some of the main ingredients in the products are;
Hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Strengthens hair and conditions it
- Moisturizes the hair
- Moisturizes the hair and soothes scalp irritation
- Soothes dry scalp and adds sheen to hair
- Conditions the hair and leaves it soft
- Soothes the hair.
- Strengthens hair and restores elasticity
- Conditions hair, softens and soothes scalp
Aloe Vera leaf extract
Wild Cherry Bark
Sweet almond oil
The Benefits of Wen Hair Care
- It is sulfate free
- It is gentle on the hair
- It strengthens the hair
- It leaves the hair feeling softer
- It leaves the hair most
- It can help clear dandruff
The Disadvantages of Wen Hair Care
- It is expensive
- Large portions are needed to clean hair
- It cannot be used daily
- Results may take time therefore requires some commitment
- Contains allergens which may cause an itchy scalp
I was skeptical at first because of the lawsuit claiming that wen causes baldness. I decided to be daring and tried it. Absolutly love it! My hair feels so much more clean and I don’t have to wash it as often. I have fine\thin hair and it is way less frizzy! Really recommend this product!
Instructions of Using Wen Hair Care
- Rinse hair thoroughly and apply cleanser into your palms in large quantities
- Apply to scalp and hair and add a splash of water to evenly distribute the product
- Massage thoroughly into the hair and leave for some time
- Rinse off thoroughly and apply leave-in-conditioner to soaking wet hair
Wen Hair Care Precautions
- The user should cease using flat and curling irons to prevent heat damage
- Apply anti-frizz styling crème to protect your hair from heat damage
- Rinse thoroughly if the product comes in contact with the eyes
The Side Effects of Wen Hair Care
No side effects but some users have reported dry itchy scalps and hair loss