Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Zuke’s Hip Action is a joint support supplement that comes in a tasty, easy to swallow form. The producers claim that this product is made from natural ingredients that have been used over time to ensure working joints. Our analysis shows that this product is a powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammation agent and this is the reason why it performs well as a long term care product for joint pain. Science shows that inflammation is the leading cause of joint pain in both animals and humans.
What are the ingredients of Zuke’s Hip Action?
Zuke’s Hip Action is made from all natural ingredients that have been scientifically proven effective and safe for use in animals and humans. The ingredients are meant to stop inflammation and boost cartilage regeneration. The most active ingredients are;
- Manganese Sulfate – Manganese is a mineral supplement that helps your dog’s body condition blood clotting factors, connective tissue, sex hormones and bones. It also plays animportant role in fat and blood sugar regulation, carbohydrate synthesis and calcium absorption. Manganese is also necessary for proper brain and nerve functioning
- Glucosamine – inarguably the most popular and common joint care ingredient. Glucosamine is known to help repair and regenerate degenerated cartilage. Glucosamine is naturally found in the bodies of pets, but if the levels are low, it can cause joint problems.
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) – it is known for its numerous beneficial applications in human and animals alike. It is particularly a nice source of natural anti-oxidation properties that help prevent free radicals.
- Chondroitin Sulphate – Chondroitin and Glucosamine go hand in hand. In fact, they are mostly used together. Chondroitin plays a critical role in the absorption of liquids into the joints since it is highly hygroscopic. It makes the joints well moist and oiled.
- Garlic – Garlic acts as a natural antibiotic and immune system booster in dogs. It should be given in limited quantities.
- Zinc Sulfate – Zinc is a mineral antioxidant that is critical in the synthesis of bone, developing disease resistance and a healthy skin. It is found and is needed by every cell in the body.
- Turmeric – turmeric is used for its strong and natural antioxidant properties.
The Benefits of Zuke’s Hip Action
There are numerous benefits of using Zuke’s Hip Action on your dog. According to the manufacturer, Zuke Treats, this supplement is proven beneficial to dogs that;
- Fighting arthritis
- Have trouble moving up and down
- Show signs of limping
- Experience cracking and friction in joints.
The benefits of using this product are;
- Zuke’s Hip Action is affordable as compared to most products that promise to give the same results.
- Made from natural ingredients
- Zuke’s Hip Action doesn’t have any known side effects.
I have purchased these for several months now and my dogs love them. However when I opened up my current order, the treats were not soft, moist, or crumbly like usual. They were hard and couldn’t be broken in half. I could hardly bend them at all. I thought maybe I had a bag of stale treats, so I opened my second bag and they were the same way… Have they changed the recipe or do I have a bad batch? Has anyone else had this happen? – Kingsley
My buddy loves these! Not sure which one is better: the peanut butter or the beef flavored! He likes them both and they fit into his Kong perfectly! – Marti R. Ortega
Side Effects of Zuke’s Hip Action
- By the time of writing, there were no reported side effects. This doesn’t mean that the product doesn’t have its flaws. The product contains ingredients that are known to cause some mild allergic reactions. First time users may experience undesirable effects in the first few weeks.
- It is of great importance for you to stick to the recommended dosage since an overdose can care dire consequences such as severe gastrointestinal disorders
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dosage of Zuke’s Hip Action;
- For dogs below 40lbs. – give half a treats of Zuke’s Hip Action, twice a day.
- For dogs weighing under 98 lbs. – give 2 treats a day
- For dogs weighing under 138 lbs. – give 3 treats a day.
- For dogs over 102 lbs. – give two tablets daily.
- This product is available over the counter without the need of a prescription. However, it is wise to consult your vet in cases where the symptoms are severe. At times we might wrongly diagnose our pets and this might put them in greater agony. Zuke’s Hip Action is not meant to treat or heal any ailments, but the manufacturer recommends it for the following;
- Dogs with Spinal injury
- Arthritis or any related condition
- Joint disorders caused by poor diet or inflammation
- Hip pain
- If your pet has known allergies, consult your caregiver before administering this product. The product may cause mild symptoms such as gastric upsets
- Despite Zuke’s Hip Action being sold over the counter, it is important that you consult your vet first. This is so because joint pain can be caused by many other factors