Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Constantly on busy schedules, dealing with stress or you are a restless sleeper, you are not alone. There are very many people who just can’t get that sleep on their own. You may or may not have heard of the ZzzQuil supplement used to induce sleep. It acts like a warm blanket that antagonizes everything that prevents you from sleeping such as anxiety and tiredness. It comes in the form of tablets or liquid and is packaged in a bottle. It is best for people facing periodic sleeplessness. Also can be given to the aged as they face a lot of sleeplessness.
You can purchase ZzzQuil from the following online stores:-
- amazon.com at $26.89 per bottle.
- Cvssavingcentral.com for 12oz at $9.99 and 6oz at $6.49 with free shipping.
- Also offered over the counter.
Manufacturer information and claims about ZzzQuil
ZzzQuil is manufactured in Canadaby a company known as Vicks Nyquil. They claim that the supplement is not a habit forming product. The manufacturers say ZzzQuil is best taken at a dosageof one capsule or teaspoonfor a period of 24 hours. The manufacturers claim that this product is all safe for its consumers. Stating that the supplement is very effective, it should be taken early before bed time to allow it to take effect. Do not involve yourself in heavy tasks after consuming the tablet.
How does ZzzQuil work?
The body has a natural hormone called histamine. This hormone is responsible for keeping you alert and awake. Some people have this substance overly active to the brain. This is what is responsible for keeping us struggling to get sleep.
ZzzQuil is mainly developed using
Diphenhydramine HCL 25 mg
- Counteracts with the histamine in our bodies, preventing it from sending message to the brain to stay alert and awake.
- Has a relaxing effect.
- Gets us drowsy and resultantly sleepy. An inactive brain is a sleepy brain.
Warm Berry Fruit
- For coloring and sweetening. That is why you can let it stay in the mouth to dissolve before swallowing.
It also contains alcohol in the liquid form.
The benefits of using ZzzQuil
For anyone interested in purchasing a sleep supplement may want to consider buying ZzzQuil. It gives you a number of benefits, more than just sleep. They include:-
- Gives you both sleep and also used to relieve allergy, common cold and hay fever.
- You do not need a doctor’s prescription to purchase ZzzQuil
- Is not addictive, not habit forming.
- You wake up feeling alert, not semiconscious.
- It is very affordable.
- It keeps you asleep for the entire night, so you do not have to worry about waking up in the middle of the night.
- It also provides relaxation and anti-depressant though for that while.
- You get to wake up early as it works for a period of time, so you don’t sleep up late and miss your daily routine.
The Disadvantages of ZzzQuil
- It may not interact so well with many medications. It is best to seek the advice of a professional health worker before use.
- It is not very effective for people suffering from insomnia.
I have extensive problems sleeping well through the night but usually shy away from taking anything to help. I’ve been on Ambien before but don’t like the time and expense of having to see a doctor to get it, and I’ve used Advil PM when I was desperate. Yes, I knew when I bought this product that the active ingredient is diphenhydramine – I read the ingredients list. I liked that the product is available in a liquid for ease of use and because it should help the body absorb it faster. (I have never found Benadryl to work for me – either for allergies or sleep – I don’t know why – but I trained as a pharmacy technician for 18 months and held the PhT certification for some time, and pharmacists can advise that the same products don’t work exactly the same way for all people.) The ZzzQuil is working for me – it kicks in quickly, gives me a restful night’s sleep, and I wake up at my regular time in the morning (less an alarm) with no fuzzy or drowsy effect. I’ve been using it for a week and feel more rested than I have in some time. If it doesn’t work for you – then discontinue it and don’t purchase more. If Benadryl works for you – stick with it. In my case, I’m pleased with the convenience and effectiveness of the ZzzQuil and intend to continue using it – not every single night – but definitely on those nights I know I’ll have trouble getting to and staying to sleep. – E. Brefka
I’m a pharmacist, and I can tell you that I would not recommend this product. For one, as many have mentioned, this is just the ingredient that is in Benadryl. You can buy 24 for less than 4 bucks. But in addition, diphenhydramine is not a good choice for insomnia. It is a great anti-histamine that also causes drowsiness, however, it really dries you out and still have you feeling groggy after you wake up. – Lawrence
The instructions for use of ZzzQuil
- ZzzQuil comes in the form of a tablet or liquid taken by mouth. You can take with your meals or after your meal.
- For the liquid, measure your dosage using a measuring spoon not the usual one.
- For the tablet, allow it to dissolve on the tongue before swallowing it. You can follow with a glass of water or not.
- The dosage specifications are dependent on your age, medical condition and response to the supplement. So it’s better to start with one tablet and see how it works for you.
- Take it 30 minutes before bedtime or travelling.
The Precautions of using ZzzQuil
- If under alcohol consumption do not use ZzzQuil
- Seek medical advice if sleeplessness continues. Do not overdose or increase your medication.
- It is not to be used on children; it has not been proven safe for them.
- If pregnant or nursing, seek medical advice first before using ZzzQuil.
- Do not take ZzzQuil if you are about to takeup any heavy tasks.
The Side Effects
- It is advised to seek medical help once you start experiencing swelling face and high blood pressure.
- The side effects that have been associated with ZzzQuil are dizziness, dry mouth, drowsinessand constipation.