There were a total of 4,950 athletes coming from 71 different nations competing in 18 various sports in Glasgow, Scotland from July 23 to August 3 for the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
However, for this list, we won’t be talking about the gold medal winners nor the opening and closing ceremonies. In this list, we will focus on the funniest faces caught on camera during the games.
Here are the funniest faces in the 2014 Commonwealth Games:
- Sophie McKinna, England. The Women’s shot put sticks her tongue out as she plays the game in the competition. It seems like she poured all her effort into it, making her tongue come out, lolling passionately.
- Samoa Toloa, Somoa. This player looks funny as he holds on to the ball with all his might just to make sure the other team won’t steal it.
- Nile Wilson, England. This British artistic gymnast contributed 86.607 to the team, making England win the Team Gold. You can see all the effort he exerted in this picture, which makes him look quite hilarious.
- Mikhail Koudinov, New Zealand. A lot of things can happen in the Gymnastics Artistic, and this photo captured the perfectly outrageous moment of Mikhail rolling his eyeballs up, mouth wide open, veins popping out on his neck, and in a very awkward position.
- Michaela Breeze, Wales. Zoe Smith of England defeated Michaela for the gold in the weightlifting competition, but it was Michaela who made it in the list of funniest faces in the competition.
- Cody Yano, Canada. This diver performs his best positions, which gave the photographer, the perfect moment for his face to look very constipated while his body looks like he is about to take a dump.
Here are other honorable mentions:
- Brittany Robertson,New Zealand
- Cameron van der Burgh, South Africa
- Joelle Mbumi Nkouindjin, Cameroon
- Jessica Tappin, England
- Chris Tomlinson, England
- Wilford Vea, Tonga
- Mikhail Koudinov, New Zealand
- Annie Alexander, Trinidad
- Stanislav Chalaev, New Zealand