Are you tired of paying a standard flat rate car insurance, even when you did not take a long drive? Worry not because now you will pay per mile and save that extra cash. This has been made possible by Metromile company after a report published by Brookings institution (2008), hypothesized that if people pay insurance per mile then they would be incentivizedto drive less since their bill would be based on mileage. The shorter the distance, the lesser you pay. Metromile is a car insurance company which offer revolutionary pay-per-mile car insurance and a driving App for modern font drivers.Metromile provides you with a fairer car insurance cover that does not involve complicated and time consuming reports. Sadly, this revolutionary pay per mile insurance cover is only available in California, Virginia, Washington, Pennsylvania and Oregon states.
Driving App can be downloaded free in the play store. A smart phone could come in handy at this point. To get Metromile visit their official website metromile.com where they charge:-
- $40 fixed monthly base rate.
- An additional 5 cents per mile.
- Also covers your car even when not in use.
Manufacturer Information and Claims about Metromile
Metromile gadgets are manufactured by Metromile company based in San Francisco (USA). Metromile car insurance provider argue that Metromile provides a fairer and affordable insurance for low mileage drivers, if you are driving less you do not have to pay that huge amount of money every month that is also paid by long distance drivers. The manufacturer also claims that if you do your calculation Metromile can save you up to $6 per month. All you have to do is download Metromile Smart Drive App in your smart phone and get mileage, fuel/gas consumption, direction of streets, engine break down report and where you parked your car at a glance in your phone. They say it’s a much easier and affordable way of insuring your car.
How Does Metromile Work?
Metromile uses a telematics device plugged into the onboard diagnostic (OBD-ll) port of the car. The Metromile pulse device then transmits mileage data to the servers. Metromile have created an App currently available for both iOS and Android phones (Smart Phones), this App displays all the necessary information at a glance for every Metromile user.
The Benefits of Metromile
Metromile is one of the best current car apps that every person is fixing in his or her car, as it has varied benefits outlined below;
- Helps you to keep off street cleaning ticket
- Assists to find where you parked your car
- Show you shorter and better route
- Ensure fuel is efficiently maximized.
- Schedule to minimize commute time.
- Gives information of a technical brake down in your car.
- Metromile does not look at how you drive, but rather how much you drive.
- Low mileage drivers can save a lot with usage based insurance.
- Metromile give complete coverage with other benefits like road side assistance and rental car reimbursement.
- Helps to track your car when stolen.
The Disadvantages of Metromile
- Metromile has proven to be the best insurance cover for modern drivers but unfortunately they are only available in few state such as California, Illinois, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington. As a result, the data driving tools are limited.
The Instructions for use of Metromile
Metromile encourages their customers to pay per mile using data provided by the driving app on their smart phones, as this will help customers to save extra money especially if your annual mileage is below 10,000. Metromile does not provide the safe to drive feedback, but rather it prioritizes on assisting drivers save money by managing their driving time and fuel
The Precautions of using Metromile
The pay per mile device is provided by Metromile insurance company, not at any time should one tamper with the device. Also the manufacturer recommends one to be careful when using the driving app especially when calculating distance covered and other information.
The Side Effects of using Metromile
Metromile does not have any side effect on the car because the device is inserted into the onboard diagnostic (OBD-II) port of the car which is the same port used by auto mechanics to diagnose problems that sparks off a car’s “check engine” light. The driving app is readily available in App Store, reliable and easy to use app.