Popular cars are not only those that are efficient in the race track, but also those that are excellent in daily use like transporting people from work to home or to school.
To make sure you buy the right car that fits your preferences and needs, here are popular cars you should avoid:
- Mercedez-Benz CLA ($36,500). You might have thought of buying this car, because it is an affordable luxury car. But the truth is buying this car is like buying a bootleg of any product. You better buy the real deal, like a Mercedes-Benz C250, a BMW 320i, or an Acura TSX.
- Volkswagen Beetle ($20,835). That retro look may be appealing, but you will be frustrated with the repair costs that come along with this car. Better buy the Volkswagen Golf, Subaru Impreza, or the Mazda3.
- Nissan Versa Sedan ($15,490). This car is hard to drive, looks cheap, and it barely passes the Highway Safety crash tests. Better alternatives are the Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent, or the Chevrolet Sonic.
- Honda Crosstour ($34,730). The style is great, but it has poor cargo space, bad visibility and a difficult handling capability. Buy the Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen. Toyota Venza, or the Subaru Outback instead.
- Scion TC ($21,130). This car looks cheap, makes too much noise and is very uncomfortable. Seems like the advertisements are practicing the old sensationalism trick. Better get your hands on the Subaru Impreza Sport or the Mazda3 hatchback instead.
- Mitsubishi Outlander ($27,180). This is an SUV for seven people. But this is a very uncomfortable car to ride, with the noise it makes, clumsy handle, and slow acceleration. Better alternatives are Subaru Forester, Mazda CX-5, and Honda CR-V.