Recently a rare Ferrari GTO was sold in an auction for $38 million. If you are into collecting cars, you don’t need to have money this big to afford famous classics and up coming collectible cars.
Here are the most collectible cars today:
- 1991 Acura NSX Coupe. This frisky 270 horsepower car sold for $60,600 when it was released in 1991. Now it’s at $52,300, which is a significant increase from $35,200 in 2010.
- 1967 Datsun 2000 Convertible. This curvy car with throaty engine sold for $3,000 in 1967. Its closely related sibling, the 1968 Datsun 1600 sold for $50,000 just last March.
- 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Spyder. This car was sold for $64,000. But there are only 1,619 of this car manufactured, which increases its value for the collectors.
- 1984 Ferrari Testarossa Coupe. After being featured in Miami Vice, this car’s value reached $90,000 to six-figures in 1990. It went down in 2005 to only $50,000. But there was a 1989 Testarossa sold for $264,000 in 2012 at Monterey.
- 1993 Porsche 928 GTS Coupe. It could reach up to 170 mph. From $28,000, it’s now valued at $68,700.
Here are some of the classics that collectors should look at:
- 1960 Mercedez-Benz 190L Roadster
- 1966 Sunbeam Tiger Convertible
- 1989 Porsche 911 Turbo 930
- 1988 BMW E30 M3 Coupe
- 1972 Alfa Romeo Montreal Coupe