Specifications of Acer Chromebook tablet
The 9.7-inch (2048×1536 display) new device will be officially unveiled some few weeks for today. The Chrome OS tablet has the same shape as Galaxy Note series and iPads. There is also a microSD card space in the new low-cost model that has a battery life of nine hours (approx). You enjoy long life battery that you don’t need an extra charge every day. More so, the Tab 10 comes with a small stylus built into the device.
There are not many tech-savvy people who knew that Acer would come up with something like the Chrome OS Tablet. These Tab 10 has these are the specifications as listed below.
- Display: 9.7-inch IPS (2048×1536)
- Processor: OP1 dual-core Cortex-A72 and quad-core Cortex-A53
- Camera: Front-facing 2MP, rear-facing 5MP
- Battery: 34Wh – up to 9 hours
- Weight: 1.21 lbs. (550 grams)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR3
- Storage: 32GB eMMC with Micro SD slot for expansion
- Connectivity: 2×2 MIMO 802.11ac WIFI, Bluetooth 4.1
- Stylus: Included Wacom EMR pen (garaged)
- Ports: Single USB-C 3.1
- Audio: Dual speakers with headphone jack
- Dimensions: 6.78(W) x 9.38(D) x 0.39(H) inches [172.2(W) x 238.2(D) x 9.98(H) mm]
When the Chromebook Tab comes in the US, the price is expected to be in the region of $330 (including VAT). When compared with other devices in its category, the Tab 10 is more expensive with a high-res, stylus-equipped tablet, and as a stylish Acer tab. The consumer market will be thrown into a price competition between iPads and this Acer tab. The Acer Chrome OS tablet will be useful for school work, as Google’s operating systems are far ahead in classroom computer designs.
The Chromebook Tab is a smart, low-cost computer with extensive cloud maintenance tools. The device has a rear-facing and front camera with clear picture quality. The device brightly shows graphs, charts and other workstation applications on the screen of this device.
Read Also – Reviewing The Top 10 Best Chrome Books Of 2016
Chromebook operating system
The Tab comes with a well-polished and Chromebook operating system that is easy to use. The Chrome full screen is more integrated and seamless than other regular Tabs in the marketplace. The Chromebook Tab works well with all Android apps, and the Google Now card interface. On the Android Play Store, the owner of this Acer Chromebook tablet can enjoy upgrades of their old apps.
The Android operating system allows the user to access daily information like shopping trends, local weather, and many more depending on your calendar updates and search activity. The Chromebook Tab 10 has a launcher feature that pops up all the tabs that are running in the background of the screen. More so, shortcuts to essential apps and all active apps are placed close your fingers on this first-ever Chrome OS tablet.
A social media lover that likes to use YouTube, Google Drive, and Docs, will enjoy the Web-first operating system. Cloud enthusiasts will find the first-ever Chrome OS tablet to be attractive for cyber-thieves. However, Google enhances the security of the Chrome OS as a way to sell this product. Be sure to set this device on automatic checks; this is the surest way to get security updates.
Other features of Chromebook operating system
The Chromebook Tab has built-in web apps and Android apps in Chrome OS that allows you to cover more task and enjoy your device. You will find basic settings on the bottom right of the display page. To those who will buy this device, it is better to guard against an operating system failure; it is a smart idea to backup all files in the Chromebook Tab 10 folder on Google Drive. When they are unable to use your Chromebook, it is easy to create a USB drive from another computer and recover the system.
The first-ever operating system on tab comes with other features that will excite you. The Acer device has Chrome Remote Desktop extension that gives owners access to another desktop as they use the Chromebook. The other computer desktop might have another operating system; this doesn’t stop the Chromebook tablet from performing like a virtual machine.
More the other computer has to be a Windows 10 device. Acer improves their range of computer hardware with a different operating system form Google Chrome.
To enjoy remote access to your new Chromebook Tab 10, follow the steps below.
- Visit the Chrome Web Store with your Chromebook and download the Chrome Remote Desktop extension. On the Windows computer next to your device, launch the Chrome browser. When the Chrome browser on this Windows computer is not updated, upgrade it to the same level as the other.
- From the list of Chrome apps on the Windows computer, choose Chrome Remote Desktop and launch. Then select ‘Share’ to provide an access code; enter the choice of the computer you intend to connect. Don’t forget this code as you will need it to work on your Chromebook.
- Start your Chromebook and launch the Chrome Remote Desktop. You should be able to view the Windows computer in the list, select and connect with it after inserting the access code.
The 9.7-inch first-ever Chrome OS tablet has a built-in high-res picture quality that is clearer than most tablets. More so it is a stylus-equipped tablet and a Chromebook that supports all Android Play store apps. This latest Acer hardware will help classroom work and improve students’ learning ability. The device was built to handle any task with its long-serving battery life. It is exciting to play your favorite games on the smart tablet.
There are various Android games for Chrome OS which plays well with the touchscreen. This Chrome OS computer restores seamlessly to factory setting with simple clicks if there is a malfunctioning. More so, the Chrome OS doesn’t support Flash; you don’t have to worry about security issues affecting the operating system.