• 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor
• 1GB RAM
• 8GB internal memory with microSD card slot
• 5-inch 720p resolution display
• 8MP rear camera and 2MP front facing camera
• Dimensions: 141.5 x 70.7 x 11 mm; weight: 149 grams
The Moto G packs a 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor and 1GB RAM which give it a terrific performance. It sports a 5-inch display with a 720p resolution. The display is fantastic with vivid colors and crisp fonts.
It comes with an 8GB internal storage but the 16GB model is just on the way. Compared to the previous model, there are improvements on the camera that has been bumped from 5MP to 8MP. The battery capacity, the processor, internal storage and connectivity are all the same. The device is powered by Android 4.4.4 KitKat and it will be upgraded to Android L.
The extras you will find in the Moto G include Moto Assist, Moto Alert, Moto Connect, Moto Migrate and FM radio. The Moto does not support Touchless Control but you can tap on the mic icon if you want to launch voice search. You can as well use a Moto 360 with Google Now voice support to control it.
Price and availability
The phone is available for $179.99 in black or white. It works on GSM carriers.
• Very low price with no contract
• Solid smartphone in design and construction
• Dual front facing stereo speakers
• MicroSD memory expansion
• Decent 8MP rear camera
• Larger form factor
• Non-removable battery
• No LTE support