When one hears the word “Livestream” the first thing that comes to mind is the internet service. But then there is also Livestream technology that has come with a plam-size 4K video camera that allows you to edit as you broadcast. It has been designed in such a way that it allows you to act as a director.
Unless you were under a rock all through 2015 then you know how big a trend live streaming was. This is what Livestream Technology Company is capitalizing on with Movi Camera. It is meant to allow you the luxury of achieving professional footages than your ordinary camera from your phone while at the same time being just as portable as your Smartphone.
Movi Camera is the first ever consumer camera developed by Livestream Technology Company whose CEO is Jesse Hertzberg. Livestream is best known for developing the Livestream range of products. It is often associated with professional recording equipment but this time the company branched out to consumer hardware and Movi Camera is the first of these.
Livestream Company is set to release this product in April 2016. It can be pre-ordered at a cheaper price.
Benefits of Movi Camera
- It is so affordable for people who are working on a budget.
- It is small in size, just about 2.5 inches long by 2 inches wide, making it convenient to carry.
- It has a 150 degree lens allowing you to get various shots at different zoom angles.
- This camera has the ability to film a scene in 4K
- It is equipped with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- It comes with a mounting hardware and is compatible with any IOS device.
- It allows users to create multiple virtual cameras on the iOS app and later switch between them in real time.
- This Movi Camera is so advanced that it gives a much more dynamic look to footages of everything from league games, school plays to conference panels.
- The company sells a “pro” accessory that acts as waterproof canister that also gives the battery 10 extra hours. It is available at $150.
Drawbacks of Movi Camera
- The Movi camera can only operate on IOS app on iphones.
- It uses a 1,200 milliamp-hour battery that can only supply power for 1 hour of streaming, even though you can record for up to 10 hours. This implies that you will have to recharge it for long clips.
- It has no port for attaching an external microphone.
How does Movi Camera work?
For now, Movi camera operates on IOS app only. You put the camera at the desirable place then lauch the app on your iPhone. The camera is fitted with softwares that lets it automatically detect faces and motion in the scene and takes not less than 9 shots at various degrees of zoom from which you can choose from.
If you are more comfortable operating things manually, you can still put your own spin on things by doing the basic smart phone tasks like drag to pan, pinch to zoom and tap to cut to another shot.
After you are done taking the video, you can save it either on your phone or the 16GB microSD card that comes with the camera.
Pricing and Refund Policy
It retails at only $399 on its official manufacturer’s website. If one makes a pre-order then you get is at only $ 200. For live broadcasts, one is charged a $9 monthly subscription fee. No refund policy is mentioned by the manufacturer.
Even though not yet out, Movi camera is already promising to be the biggest trend of 2016. This palm-size camera is not only convenient but also so much fun to use. Just like with other Livestream products, this camera is exemplary and second to none. There are no loop holes in its design and it offers the best experience ever. Granted that the initial purchase of the calendar is quite on the high side the maintenance prices are so affordable and comes with limitless possibilities. Who said you couldn’t make the most out of your time with family by making highly-professional memory? Like all the great innovations, this product has some drawbacks even though the manufacturer has counter-options for the issues like for the example, the charge issue; since the battery can only last an hour, you can get a power bank that adds you 10 more hours.
Everybody either owns an iPhone or wants to own an iPhone. It is therefore not strange that the first app to be fitted into the Movi Camera is the IOS app before it can progress to Android and the others. Tech savvy bloggers seem to be impressed by the Movi Camera and are already singing praises in anticipation to the release into the market.