Train rides offer travelers a wonderful way to explore places while witnessing some of the most picturesque scenery of the area. Sometimes, the train station itself is as beautiful as the attractions ahead.
Here are some of the world’s most beautiful train stations:
- Southern Cross in Melbourne, Australia. It was built in 1859 and it was recently renovated in 2005. It has a long roof that covers a city block.
- Hundertwasser Bahnof in Uelzen, Germany. It was redecorated by legendary Austrian architect Friedensreich Hundertwasser in 2000.
- Centraal Station in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Its main entrance, which looks like a shiny boomerang canopy is the train station’s centerpiece.
- WTC Transportation Hub in New York. The World Trade Center Transportation Hub has giant retractable wings to allow natural light inside.
- Grand Central Terminal in New York. This iconic station has 21.6 million tourists every year.
- Garedo Oriente in Lisbon Portugal. Its roof is attractive and very unique.
- Gare de Strasbourg in Strasbourg France. It looks like a dazzling jewel due to the beautiful, giant canopy that covers it.
- Gare de Liege-Guillemins in Liege, Belgium. Its very modern steel and glass facade is its major attraction.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji in Mumbai,India. This is a world UNESCO World heritage, because of its Gothic turrets, pointed arches, and stone domes.
- Antwerpen-Centraal in Antwerp, Belgium. This train station is filled with eccentric designs.
- King’s Cross in London, UK. This train station is very amazing, even if platform 9 ¾ isn’t real.