Everybody’s saying you should go “there” for your summer vacation. You hear it from your friends, your family, on TV, and even online. You hear it so much and you have no idea, nor do they, that these places have become so overrated. Places fall into the overrated category when they become overcrowded, overpriced, but are actually pretty mediocre for a tourist destination.
The places in this list have too much hater because most of the people who visited came home very unhappy. If you don’t one to become one of them, you better take notes.
Here’s some of the major tourist destinations haters label as “overrated”:
- Dubai. Its airport is filled with foreign tourists. This place is considered as Middle East’s shopping “mecca.” Burj Khalifa and Dubai’s Palm Islands are wonderful manmade structures. If you do not have plenty of money to burn and wouldn’t want to suffer frequent sandstorms, better stay home and get to know Dubai through NatGeo..
- Prague. This is a wonderful place where you can witness incredible medieval architecture. However, because of the hordes of tourists that visit this place, you won’t feel the magic (as promised in those ads). If you’re very unlucky, you may have to suffer the pickpockets. Go to Croatia instead and experience how it is like being in Game of Throne’s King’s Landing.
- Aspen. Parking is very pricey in this place because this is one of the most overrated travel destinations in the world. Besides the parking, everything else in this place is expensive.
- Cancun. This Mexican paradise is now crowded with tourists. Go to Tulum instead. You can also visit Chichen Itza. These places have wonderful Mayan ruins. Go to other places in the Yucatan Peninsula, but skip Cancun.
- Bali. After a long and expensive travel to Bali, what will you do there? Buy sarong, watch parades, or listen to local gamelan musicians perhaps. There are a lot of Millennial Australians in Bali, because this is their Cancun and you wouldn’t want to be in the middle of the crowd.