Space is a wondrous place to behold. Recently an incredible supermoon has illuminated the sky and people just can’t help taking photos of it.
Here are the best places for stargazing:
- Northumberland National Park. The International Dark Sky Association has named a big portion of this park as the biggest dark sky park of Europe.
- Brecon Beacons. The International Dark Sky Association has named this place as an International Dark Sky Reserve. The surrounding area has strict regulations to stop light pollution from disturbing the darkness of the area.
- Exmoor. According to astronomer Steve Owens, this place has very dark skies and a lovely weather. The Leys Cottage is one of the best places to stay in this area for only £64.
- Mont Megantic. This area in Quebec, Canada is also named “dark sky” by the same organization. There is an observatory high at 1,111 meters of this mountain.
- Aoraki Mackenzie. This is the world’s biggest dark sky reserve. This is found in New Zealand and it is home to the country’s best observatory.
Here are other honorable mentions:
NamibRand Nature Reserve in Southern Namibia
Galloway Forest Park in Glasgow
Perthshire in Scotland
Mid-Wales in Britain