A lot of people think of Machu Picchu, the Great Wall of China, and the Taj Majal when they plan to experience some of the greatest wonders of the world.
But there are less popular world treasure sites that most people haven’t seen yet. You can visit these places if you want somewhere most tourists haven’t been before.
Here are some of the best less popular treasures of the world:
- Pingyao Ancient City. You have to visit the “Long Wall of Ten Thousand Li” if you want to experience a more ancient China.
- Chavin de Huantar. Instead of going to Machu Picchu, try this pre-Columbian archaeological religious site and experience the pre-Colombian Andean religious world.
- Catalhoyuk. This is a 10,000-year-old Neolithic village in Turkey that is perfectly preserved. You can visit this place and experience one of the earliest tons in the world.
- Hampi. This is the capital of India’s last Hindu Kingdom, the Vijayanagar. It was conquered and plundered in 1565. Now. You can still see incredible ruins of temples in the area.
- Banteay Chhmar. This is a Cambodian temple complex filled with bas relief as commissioned by a king in the 12th-century.