These clocks don’t just tell time, they are landmarks and icons of their countries.
Here are the most beautiful clocks in the world:
- Philadelphia City Hall was completed in 1901, stands 167 meters.
- Big Ben in the Elizabeth Tower of the Palace of Westminster in London was completed in 1859 and stands 96 meters.
- Chiang Rai Clock Tower in Thailand was completed in 2008.
- Osaka Station City’s Water Clock in Japan was completed in 2011 designed by Mitooka Eiji. It uses the innovative “Space Printer” technology.
- Sultan Abdul Samad Building’s Clock Tower in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia was completed in 1897 and stands 40 meters tall.
- Munich Glockenspiel in Munich, Germany was completed in 1900, stands 85 meters tall.
- Izmir Clock Tower in Turkey was completed in 1901, stands 25 meters high.
- Spasskaya Tower in Moscow was completed in 1491, stands 71 meters tall.
- Zytglogge Tower in Bern, Switzerland was completed in 1405 and stands 16 meters tall.
- Old Port Clock Tower in Montreal was completed in 1922.
- Ferry Building Marketplace in San Francisco was completed in 1898.
- Old town Astronomical Clock in Prague, Czech Republic was completed in 1410.