There are a lot of landmarks, sights to see, and things to experience in the capital city of France, but if you don’t know your way around, you might end up exhausted with the worst things Paris has to offer.
Here are the worst tourist traps in Paris:
- Don’t go to Champs-Élysées because it is riddled with tourists and unsatisfying commercial things. Try Avenue Montaigne and Ave George V instead.
- Don’t stand in line for the Eiffel Tower lift queue. Instead book ahead online or walk the stairs.
- Don’t join the hordes of people trying to see the Mona Lisa; there are 35,000 other paintings you can see in the museum.
- Don’t take your children and their pushchair around; the metro has designs that are not child-friendly at all.
- Just stay away from the “La Bière Demon” lagers that have a slogan, which says “12 percent of devilish pleasure.”
- Don’t be complacent. Be vigilant because the streets of Paris are filled with pickpockets.
- Don’t stay in five-star hotels.
- Don’t ask locals for help, they are rude. Ask for directions from other tourists instead.
- Don’t visit Gare du Nord and Forum des Halles.