You don’t have to leave the country and head off to tropical countries like French Polynesia just to enjoy various water activities for the summer. You can bask under the sun, snorkel, enjoy water slides, go tubing and ride the waves in some of the best water parks in the United States of America.
Here are the top 10 bet water parks in the U.S.:
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon. Go straight to Walt Disney World located in Orlando, Florida. This water park had 2.1 million visitors in 2013.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach. Typhoon Lagoon sits at the top spot as the most visited water park in the U.S., while Disney’s BlizzardBeach in Orlando follows it in second place.
- Aquatica, Seaworld’s Waterpark. It recently opened its newest thrill ride, the Ihu’s Breakaway Falls, which they claim is the steepest slide in Orlando.
- Wet n’ Wild. This Orlando water park had 1.3 million visitors in 2013 and its main attraction is the vast 17,000 square-foot pool that brings 4 feet tall wave.
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark & Resort. This water park in New Braunfels, Texas had more than one million visitors back in 2013.
- Water Country USA. This Colonial Williamsburg water park gives you 4 feet tall waves and is considered as the biggest wave pool in Virginia.
- Adventure Island. Enjoy the exhilarating Rambling Bayou ride of this water park located in Tampa, Florida.
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark. This water park in Galveston, Texas has an 81 feet slide that brings you up to a speed of 40 mph.
- Hyland Hills Water World. Located at Denver, Colorado, this water park has the Turbo Racer thrill ride, where you will slide head on and your belly down.
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor. This water park in Arlington, Texas will give you a water thrill ride unlike any you have ever experienced, just as the name “hurricane” suggests.