New York City is one of the best places to visit in the world. However, if it is your first time visiting the Big Apple, you might fall into tourist traps.
Here are the places tourists should skip in NYC to avoid overspending:
- Instead of spending too much at the Empire State Building to see a bird’s eye view of the city, try the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, which is for free.
- If you want some Italian food, you don’t necessarily have to overspend in Little Italy. Try Arthur Avenue in the Bronx, instead, which is the true Little Italy.
- Instead of the pedicab, try the Citi Bike, which you can rent for only $10 a day.
- You need to wait too long to have tea at the iconic Palm Court of Plaza Hotel, The best alternative is the Bosie Tea Parlor located at the West Village.
- The Central Park is overrated; try the Prospect Park, which is a little low key.
- Instead of the expensive Magnolia Bakery cupcakes, try the Levian bakery cookies, at only $4 each.
- Don’t spend too much for designer fashions at the Century 21. Go to the 260 Fifth Avenue for real sample sale.
- Instead of skating at the Rockefeller Center, try Brooklyn’s McCarren Rink, which is less crowded and cheaper.
- You don’t have to spend on a tour bus, walking will make you have a deeper feel of the city and it can make you healthier.
- If you are thinking of partying at Meatpacking District, rethink it and try Williamsburg instead.
- The Chocolate Room is more romantic than Serendipity III if you want the best sundae.
- Try Juliana’s Pizza over Grimaldi’s Pizza located in DUMBO.
- If you want the carnal experience, try the Galapagose Art Space instead of the Museum of Sex.
- The Time Square is the archetype of what a New York City downtown is. But instead of going there, go anywhere else. That is how you will truly enjoy the Big Apple.