Travel Ideas

Ethiopia – The Land Of Wonder and Enchantment

Ethiopia mustn’t be a perfect holiday destination but is certainly a place for travelers who are looking for a different kind of vacation. Ethiopia homes some of the richest historical sites in the whole of sub-Saharan Africa. Experts claims that what we see is only 5 % of the discovery and remaining 95% history is still left undiscovered.

If you stay in the U.S the distance between Ethiopia and U.S is that of 8000 miles which is like 17 hours. There are direct flights to Ethiopia but travelers who wish to have break journey can opt of Lufthansa airlines that halts at Frankfurt and man Frankfurt is a great place!

The best time in the year to go Ethiopia is definitely between October and March as the season is ideal for travelling across the country. The temperature can vary between 15°C to 35°C during the day and at night the temperature may go down to as low as 5°C. It is advised to carry enough warm clothes as you’ll need them at nights. The rains start after March and continue till September and though it doesn’t rains all day but travelling becomes hectic when it rains.

Once you reach there, it is advised to join a tour that takes you round the city. There are three kinds of tours namely, historical tour, adventurous tour and festival tour. The historical tour takes you to different historical sights, the adventurous tour takes you to mountains for trekking and the festival tour is one where you’re made to attend at least one festival out of the many festivals that are held throughout the year.

An all-time famous natural attraction is the Blue Nile Falls which is also nick named as Smoking Water has always boosted Ethiopia tourism.

Image source –

There are no comments yet

The Quality Page Score Explained

Your Rating*

Were you able to find the information you were looking for on our website? YesNo

Did you find that information valuable?

How likely are you to share our page with a friend? Scale 1 to 5