Planning a visit to Dubai? If you’re a first timer then you must know which of the things there are a ‘must see’. This Arab city has the world’s tallest building, magnificent deserts, a glimmering sea and many more spectacular sights you must not miss out on.
Here are the top 10 things Dubai is known for:
1. Desert Safari: Experience the head and the sand when you reach this Arab city.The first thing most people do is to visit the desert. Many tour operators take you for a desert safari. The tour packages have it in them. You could try a camel ride there; it’s so much fun to sit on the back of a camel! You may also witness the excellent beauty of a desert sunset. For all you people there who wants to shake a hip can try some belly dancing! Some packages also have an option of you staying there overnight at a camp. So if you’re the adventurous sort try it.
2. Skiing: Beyond of one’s imagination, Dubai has brought the skiing experience when the city hover over 50 degrees! Head to the Mall of Emirates where a skiing spot up have been set in Ski Dubai. The temperature inside there is maintained at -1degree Celsius. So there you are skiing away in a desert country!
3. Burj Khalifa: The tallest building in the world is situated in Dubai. The bug Khalifa which is 829.8 meters long is made up of glass and chrome. It has 160 floors. The high speed lift takes you up all those floors in less than minutes! That means 160 floors are covered in mere 60 seconds! Isn’t that a mesmerizing fact! You may book the tickets online in advance to skip standing in the long queue.
4. The Burg Fountains: Situated at the bottom of the Burg Khalifa building is considered to be the largest dancing fountain in the world. In some part of the world it is also known as the musical fountain. This spectacular site is spread across 30 acres of the manmade Burj Khalifa Lake.
The fountain show is held very often during the course of the day. During the afternoons of Saturdays to Thursdays there are two shows at 1 and 1.30pm.in evening the same shows are held every half an hour. The show timing in evenings is from 6pm to 11pm. Its always better to watch there show after sunset because after all it’s all about the dancing lights which look prettier after dusk!
5. Dubai Creek: What separates Bur Dubai and Deira is a salt water creek called the Dubai Creek.You may drive along the creek or just have a ride on the weater texis! Yes the water taxis thee are the wooden boats which are called abra. Those of you who are having a huge group can also hire a private abra.
6. Jumeirah beach walk: The Jumeirah Beach Residences there’s a beautiful gallery or a boardwalk called The Walk. It has stores and restaurants on either side. Activities like street paining, photography shows and sand sculptures are also carried out along the road. The Walk is famous among the locals as well as with the tourists.
7. Burj Al Arab: The Burg Al Arab Hotel has been from decades the iconic photo op for Dubai. This hotel claims to be the only 7-start hotel in the world. Tourist takes several photos with the Burg Al Arab in the backdrop.
8. Gold gold gold: Another golden reason for the popularity of Dubai is the gold! The cheap design and making charges makes Dubai an ultimate destination for the purchase of this yellow metal. You must have bargained everywhere but have you ever tired bargaining while buying gold jewelry? Well in Dubai’s Gold Souk this is possible. Bargaining is a sort of rule there. Even if you do not buy anything, window shopping is an experience in itself! Besides Gold Souk you may also want to go to the Gold & Diamond Park.
9. Souks of Diera: Visit the spice souk and indulge yourself in the heavy scents of spices!!! For those of you who are fond of perfumes may visit the perfume souk and loose yourself in the heavenly scents. The Perfume market sells all kinds of perfumes right from the traditionally ittar and outh to the latest branded perfumes. A lot many street vendors are also seen selling fake designer goods.
10. Mall crawl: The two iconic malls in the city are the Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates and are so huge and spectacular that it can keep you occupied for a couple of days. The former, the Dubai Mall is said to be the largest mall in the world and holds over 600 retail shops. An ice rink and the Dubai aquarium are attractions of the mall besides its other features. The Latter, Emirates has over 500 retailers and homes the Ski Dubai which is the main attraction of the mall. Emirates also has two hotels attached to it.