Your poor lifestyle choices alter our body’s natural process to grow, heal, and make energy. Metabolism slows down and as a result, your energy level is down and you gain weight, which ultimately adds up your chances to getting cardiovascular diseases. Metabolism can be revved up though. To do that, here are the things you must do.
- Regular eating. Skipping a meal is a terrible idea. It will cause confusion in your body. It will slow down the metabolic rate, putting the body in a stressed state and causing hormonal imbalances.
- Forget about calorie restriction. Going too strict about the amount of calories you consume in a day is also a bad idea as it is when you skip a meal.
- Vary what you eat. Sure, raw foods such as cabbage juice have some benefits but they have a direct impact on your thyroid, which plays a major roe in controlling the body’s metabolism. So don’t eat raw all the time.
- Eat protein. You need to avoid protein deficiency because it wreaks havoc in one’s body.
- Avoid PUFA. Polyunsaturated fatty acids again disturb the body’s natural process of growing, healing, and making energy so better avoid them.
- Eat a balanced meal. Like protein, carbohydrates, and fats also play a major role in metabolism so make sure you consume the required amount everyday.
- Sleep. No other time of the day can metabolism best be played than when you sleep so don’t skip it.
- Exercise. You need to work out your muscles because it’s the most metabolically active tissue of the human body. If you have more muscles, ten you have faster metabolic rate.