Infinity Garcinia Cambogia is a weight loss dietary supplement that comes in the form of veggie caps. Once consumed, the caps releases an active ingredient known as hydroxycitric acid into the user’s body, which is directly extracted from the garcinia cambogia fruit’s rind. This extract has been used in weight loss products for many years and have also been researched through extensive clinical studies in order to provide more input on the benefits and risks involved when using the ingredient as a weight loss supplement.
The Product Details
Infinity Garcinia Cambogia is one of the many weight loss formulas that uses the hydroxycitric acid extract from the garcinia cambogia fruit in order to induce weight loss in users. Claims made by the product’s website include a reduction in food intake and a boost in serotonin production, which helps emotional eaters control their appetite better. The product contains a 60% concentration of the active ingredient and comes in the form of capsules, which is taken twice daily. Furthermore, according to the product’s homepage, no artificial ingredients are added during the manufacturing of the product, which means the product only contains 100% natural extracts for maximum benefits and reduced risks of developing side-effects.
According to WebMD, claims about the health benefits of the fruit extract includes a reduction in body weight, a reduced appetite, improvements in athletic performance and an enhanced metabolism. Unfortunately, studies provide mixed results – while some studies find the effects of the extract to be beneficial, other studies provide no evidence of any positive results.
Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington provided evidence that the extract may have benefits on weight reduction, as well as other health benefits. They conducted a randomized study with a total of three groups. The first group was given a natural hydroxycitric acid extract, while the second group were given a combination of hydroxycitric acid and other components. The third group were given a placebo. After an eight-week period, both groups that were given hydroxycitric acid content had a reduction in body weight. Cholesterol levels were also reduced, as well as food intake. Furthermore, leptin levels, low-density lipoproteins and triglycerides levels were also significantly lower. The placebo group had no significant results. There were no adverse events reported or associated with the use of hydroxycitric acid.
The University Putra Malaysia reports that, after monitoring results of 17 medical studies, evidence proofs that the hydroxycitric acid content extracted from garcinia cambogia fruit can induce weight loss, help to suppress appetite and also lead to a lower food intake. They also report that up to 2800 milligrams can be consumed per day without any adverse effects.
The American Physiological Society reports on Science Daily that they found additional benefits of hydroxycitric acid to reduce glucose uptake while also cutting insulin peaks.
The main ingredient in Infinity Garcinia Cambogia is extracted from the rind of the garcinia cambogia fruit. The ingredient is known as hydroxycitric acid and offers a range of benefits to the human body. This acid is derived from citric acid and is also found in another tropical plant known as Hibiscus Subdariffa. According to Wikipedia, hydroxycitric acid are involved in lipid metabolism modulation. Lipid metabolism has a role in the oxidation of fatty acids and is reported to be connected to the process in the human body where carbohydrates are converted into fats.
- The hydroxycitric acid content extracted from the fruit can help block the body’s ability to produce fat, thus helping to avoid further weight from being gained.
- Scientific studies on both animals and humans have provided evidence that the extract can reduce food intake and suppress the user’s appetite. With a lower amount of food intake, a balanced diet can be followed without constant snacking between breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- A free trial offer is available to allow overweight individuals to test the product and decide whether the product works for them or not. This will help the potential user avoid making unnecessary purchases.
- The extract also helps to lower cholesterol levels, which is a common problem in obese individuals.
- Most studies rely on an eight to 12-week period; thus long-term usage of the product has not been tested or reported as yet.
- It is reported that the active ingredient may lead to side-effects such as discomfort in the digestive tract, headaches and nausea.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding a newborn child are advised to avoid using the product.
- In order to obtain the product, an automatic subscription has to be made, which will continue to bill the user on a monthly basis until a manual cancellation is ordered.
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.